December 16, 2010

Dragonfly in the Sky

I can go twice as hiiiiggghh, take a look, it's in a book, it's reading raiinbboooww.



Oops, it's supposed to be "butterfly" not "dragonfly." Oh well :) I miss that show. Used to watch it all the time as a kid.

I used to be really good at catching dragonflies. My mom taught me how. First you wait for it to land. Then you sneak up behind it very very slowly (I know it sounds impossible but it works), and then you grab its wings as quickly as you can! If you're not patient, you can always rapidly cup it in your hand once it lands, as was my mom's technique of choice, although I avoided that tactic because I was afraid of accidentally smooshing it.

Helloo little dragonfly. Keep looking yonder there... yes, that's right...
Dragonfly photography by LaneyButler


























A smooshed dragonfly is no dragonfly worth having :( Anyone have a better technique? I've tried nets but I always catch air.


'Dragonfly in the Sky!' by petitehermine


Light Blue Dragonfl...
$3.00

DRAGONFLY wings nec...
$16.00

Giant Dragonfly ori...
$75.00

Antique Brass Drago...
$12.00

30 little cardstock...
$1.00

12 Personalized Dra...
$18.00

Fluttering Dragonfl...
$24.00

And the dragonfly s...
$34.00

Digital Download Ir...
$3.50

Dragonfly Paper Cha...
$69.00

Dragonfly Pen and I...
$7.00

Dragonfly Pin (or W...
$36.00

Peonies and Dragonf...
$8.00

Charming DragonFly ...
$16.00

Dragonfly - Victori...
$21.00


2 comments:

Garf said...

I am still wondering where you get all these pics from...can you help me?
They r amazing and awesome.

petite hermine said...

All of the photos on my blog are either mine or I get them from shops on Etsy.com. If you click on them, it takes you to the shop owner of the photos. I try to use photos from Etsy because it helps promote those sellers and hopefully get them some sales :)