December 26, 2010

Not Yet Crawfish Season

Leave it up to me to have a crazy crawfish craving in the off-season during the middle of a huge snow blizzard. There's nothing I can do except look at pictures of deliciously boiled crawfish. (If you don't already know, crawfish season is from March through June. Only 3 more months!)

On another note (and in the spirit of the coming new year), I have a few goals for the creativity-related portion of my life, which are:

  • to keep posting awesome things/sites I find on Etsy and the web that pique my brain and make me happy.
  • feature some great Etsy sellers!
  • make more treasuries.
  • find creative ways of storing all the stuff in my little studio apartment.
  • experiment with new recipes. I've cooked the old ones to death.
  • order live crawfish and make my own cajun boil.


'Crawfish! (I know it's not in season yet...)' by petitehermine


Cajun Crawfish Aqua...
$7.00

Crawfish - Print of...
$15.00

Crawfish Love Neckl...
$22.00

Crawfish amigurumi
$13.00

Crawfish Unisex Tsh...
$20.00

Crawfish Tricycle A...
$10000.00

Vintage DICTIONARY ...
$8.50

Lobster Crawfish Gi...
$5.00

Louisiana Crawfish ...
$42.00

Crawfish Jelly
$6.50

Crawfish
$15.00

Seafood Boil Foam C...
$12.95

Not a Lobster
$150.00

Unique Crawfish Fle...
$8.00

larry lobster neckl...
$40.00


24 comments:

galla15 said...

That is too funny!!!
I would love to hear any plans you may have for your etsy shop!! New line coming?
More listings??
GOOD LUCK!!!

marcenebt99 said...

it is good to broaden your experiences if that means new recipes .... Then GO FOR IT!!

Jill Q said...

Love the unique look of your blog, petitehermine! Very charming & whimsical ...

Hope we'll be seeing more of you in the Frenzy thread. Group collaboration can be a wonderful thing :D

Charlene said...

Good wishes in 2011 for everything you want to accomplish.

Giftbearer said...

I love your crawfish treasury!

How about making a crawfish line of jewelry! That would be really unique!

Following your blog now.

Glitterbird Glamour said...

Loved reading your goals, and love the crawfish treasury! Best of luck!

bountyofbeads said...

Hee hee, could have gotten you some Crawfish Dressing on Christmas Eve!!! Great 2011 goals.

BijiBijoux said...

Good seafood goals! LOL
Wish you the best!

BijiBijoux said...

Followed your blog too!

Linda B said...

Crawfish, hehe You go for it.

Meri said...

I love this!
You are creative in a way not a lot of people are. I love the crawfish inspiration in the dead of winter, also... cheers me up!
I can't wait to see how your cajun crawfish turn out!
Meri

Pink Dandy Chatter said...

Merry Christmas! I can't wait for crawfish season...thanks for telling me when it is ( I actually didn't know that).

Lbtoyos said...

I wish you get all goals.
Love the treasuries you make and maybe we can get lot of FP!!! Only have to try!!!

Nauli said...

What an amazing creature. My friend just knitted one wonderful crawfish :) It looks great!

Dell Cove Spice said...

Love the treasury and completely understand the craving. (I'm gearing up for a Creole New Years.)

Hope your 2011 brings you lots of tasty treats!

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Great goals...good luck!!

Katie said...

Cool post & some great goals. I've never actually eaten crawfish....I do LOVE seafood though....perhaps I should jump OUT of my comfort zone and try one! I'm looking forward to all the promotionals this year on the FRENZY.

Cool Kid Designs said...

great blog and great goals! Wish you luck in the new year!

Lavender Starlight said...

Great goals! :)

Crystal Zacharias said...

wow, everyone has great goals!

cheeky curves said...

wishing you every success for 2011

asdesigns said...

storage....that's something I need to work on also.

Elizabeth said...

crawfish eehhh? not something i have ever craved, or eaten for that matter :)

make sure you share your organization finds cause I sure need them!!!!

elizabeth
www.turtlexiii.etsy.com

Angels and Everlastings said...

One of my goal is to organize my stuff - so I can better store my stock instead on in boxes here there and everywhere. Good luck in 2011.