January 3, 2011

Happy 2011

2011 Calendar Year of the Rabbit by brookewoolley

Let's start off 2011 with a giant leap! (to prevent confusion: it's not leap year, but it is the year of the rabbit)

This new year's eve, I spent the night partying, snacking, drinking, and playing games with all of my friends in my little studio! I can't imagine a better way of spending the last night of the year besides being warm and cozy with good the best company ever! :)

2011 eco friendly multi lingual calendar by MerryBluesArt


On another note, I have been given the Stylish Blogger Award by two equally stylish bloggers: Meri from Meri-Goes-Round and Bon and Chi from Bon&Chi!

Thank you so much!!!!! This is the best new year's present ever! :D

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-( ✴ yay! ✴ )-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸



So this is how this award works. I will:

  • Thank and link back to the person that awarded me.
  • Share 7 things about myself.
  • Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
  • Contact those bloggers about the award!

Here are a few things about myself:

  • I'm happily married to my husband (who I sometimes refer to as Hubby on this blog) and I'm very happy that he voluntarily does the dishes.
  • I love dogs. They are my favorite animals in the world!
  • I have a hamster named Hamlette. She's my current dog substitute. Don't feel sorry for her because she's really adorable.
  • I would like a big backyard someday so I can do some organic gardening with the companionship of a few chickens.
  • I can eat seafood all day.
  • I'm surprisingly domestic, despite telling my mom (many years ago as a teenager) that I'll never learn to cook because in the 21st century, women do not have to cook!
  • I love cooking. It's one of my favorite hobbies. My husband appreciates it because his cooking is inedible.

Two Chickens by unitedthread

Here are 15 blogs I'm excited about!


There are so many good "undiscovered" blogs out there, I wish I could include more :)


May this year be the...
2011 Best Year Ever folk calendar by spreadthelove



'Be my Sweetheart' by CicaleTdesigns


Peachy Keen Necklac...
$28.00

Nuno Felted Gauntle...
$30.00

Upcycled Vintage Bu...
$24.00

Endearing
$45.00

Earrings Pearl Past...
$55.00

Pleated Neckline Dr...
$125.00

Sterling silver Ne...
$38.00

ONCE UPON A TIME Ro...
$12.00

Handmade Zipper Flo...
$10.00

Rose free form croc...
$38.00

Clear Out Sale - Mo...
$8.00

shoe clips, Lilac ...
$65.00

Original Abstract M...
$179.00

Arsenic and Old Lac...
$18.00

Love Hysteria Long ...
$26.00


8 comments:

Meri said...

That giraffe calendar is so cool, I love it!
Hamlette is the cutest, cutest name. I've been fixated on peoples' cute pets' names today, and that one might top them all :)
Can't wait to check out some of the bloggers you tagged!
Meri

BonAndChi said...

ooO~ I might think about getting a hamster as well, 'coz I love dogs too!!! but the apartment we're renting at the moment won't allow us to have dogs... :'(

will be checking out the bloggers you've tagged also~ X3

Chi~

ayawedding said...

dear Jen I am to happy to recieve your blogger award:) happy new year
and here is my post for lucky award winners:)
http://ayawedding.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html
hugs
ay├ža

Garf said...

Happy New Year 2011. Good to hear that you spent the year end having fun... :)
And CONGRATS to you for getting awarded.
Whenever i come here, i always wonder how you manage to get those cool pics all over ur posts...they r really cool.

jen said...

thank you so much for the award! check in tomorrow to see my blog post about it!

anabela / fieldguided said...

Thank you so much, that was so sweet of you! Wishing you all the best in 2011. xoxo

Badass Geek said...

Thanks for the award, dude!

Liberty said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I do believe this will be the best year!! Cheers to 2011

xxoo,
Liberty