January 7, 2011

Festive Snacks

Yesterday, I decided to make some hot wings and clam chowder.

food

I tell myself it's healthy because I baked the wings without oil and I used 2% milk for the clam chowder (and a little butter...) Still healthier than what I'd get in a restaurant! Whew, conscience pacified.

Lamingtons Pink Vanilla Coconut by tookies

Valentine's day's coming up (in a month) and stores are already stocking up on hearts and lovey dovey stuff. I'm really more concerned about what we're going to eat. Should we eat a love-filled homemade meal or go out to a nice restaurant? Hmm... even though I enjoy the challenge of creating a good meal, there are some things even I can't make (like sushi. I'm afraid of messing up raw fish) but I definitely want a chocolate cake waiting for me at home, whether we go out or not.



In the mean time, here're some treats to get your taste buds salivating.


Handmade or small bakery made truffles are seriously so much better than anything you can buy in a typical store. I made my own chocolate truffles once. They did not look very pretty or appetizing but I couldn't get enough of them! :9 When I have people over, I leave the truffle-making to the pros.


I ordered some crawfish jelly from mygreenboot when I was having a crawfish craving awhile ago. Yum! That'll hold me out until crawfish season. Emily, the shop owner, gets very creative with her jelly flavors. I'll talk more about her jelly in a future post :)


Nothing like sharing some gourmet popcorn while watching a movie on the couch. This is probably healthier than your usual buttered popcorn. Plus, black popcorn has more antioxidants!


Eat, pray, and love with some homemade curry. Did you know turmeric, an ingredient of curry, is known for anti-inflammatory properties (among other health benefits)?


Did that inspire you to get creative with dinner? Or did it just make you hungry? I think it made me hungry. Have a fun and creative meal with your loved ones (family and friends included!)


'Pink Meringue' by CicaleTdesigns


Fiber Art Brooch Ha...
$22.00

40's - 50's...
$10.00

Pretty Pink Pale Pe...
$12.00

Nude Chiffon Hair F...
$24.00

Goccia Earrings in ...
$23.00

READY TO SHIP Smoke...
$30.00

VOGUE GOOSE FRINGE,...
$12.00

Baby's Breath N...
$28.00

Blush - a girlie g...
$30.00

Shawl, scarf, wrap ...
$20.00

Silver stud Earring...
$28.00

Beige Fingerless Gl...
$22.00

Earrings. AA Pink O...
$36.00

Bella, tiny sterlin...
$22.00

Light Pink Dot Mink...
$40.00


4 comments:

Tookies said...

such an honor, darling blog! i love and i'm now following! thank you so much:)

Dell Cove Spice said...

Awww, this looks so delicious! I'm inspired -- and following you. Thanks so much for including my magnetic spice kit and the black gourmet popcorn!

Meri said...

I thought I had tried things in my day... but that jelly has me thinking I ain't seen nothin yet!
Pretty sweets also!

Jet-Setting Divas said...

Cool post! Everything looks delicious...especially the valentine day sweets!