February 9, 2011

Featured: Annemarie's Breiblog

Who's ready for another featured artisan and some cheerful crochets? Just in time for the coming of Spring (and Valentine's day), Annemarie's adorable and colorful crochet garlands (among other goodies) will brighten your room, work space, or anywhere else that needs some uplifting.

Choose your own colours - Little Hearts Garland



Name: Annemarie
Location: The Netherlands (ships internationally)
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/annemariesbreiblog
Blog: www.annemariesbreiblog.blogspot.com



Pink Hearts Garland

Tell me a little about yourself:
I am 35 years old, I have a full-time job and I live in The Netherlands. Although my job takes a lot of my energy, I try to crochet every day. My first crochet projects were made out of t-shirt yarn. In The Netherlands they sell it in shops and it has become very popular here over the past year (see www.hoooked.nl). I think working with t-shirt yarn is a great way to learn to crochet because the thread is huge so you can see very well what you are doing.

Crochet Fish

How would you describe your shop? Who should definitely stop by?
My shop is all about garlands and a little bit about crochet animals. I love bright colours so if you are looking for something to brighten up your room, you've come to the right place. 



What keeps you motivated?
The sweet comments on my blog and the emails of my readers keep me motivated! It's an amazing experience that people you don't actually know are so interested in what you are doing and are coming back to my blog every now and then to see what's new. What also keeps me motivated is other people's items. I love to surf on Flickr or just do some blog hopping to get new ideas.

Shamrock Garland

What is your most cherished handmade possession?
My crochet mice I cherish most! When I was about 5 hears old I lost a mouse in Denmark while I was on holiday with my sister and parents. Ever since, I've been trying to find a copy of that mouse. I've never really succeeded, but when I learnt how to crochet I saw so many nice patterns. The mouse I've created is a combination of a lot of patterns and it comes really close to the mouse I lost. I love making them!


Flower Garland - Red

Do you have any advice for those who are new to handmade/crafting?
If you think it doesn't get as pretty as you wanted it to be, just keep trying! I'm still having days that things don't turn out the way I wanted them to be, but it's just a matter of persistence. And maybe sometimes you should try using different materials or just ask an expert. I've had some great advice of Karin of www.karinaandehaak.nl who has a great blog about crochet as well!

Tell us who one of your favorite sellers is on Etsy!
My favourite shop is definitely Hi Tree's shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/hitree). I think she makes the most gorgeous pincushions and the idea of accessories that can be added to the pincushion is really cute and brilliant.

Crochet Star Garland

Crochet Mouse

Crochet Snake

Spring Flowers

Who's ready for Spring? :) Thanks Annemarie for sharing with us and keep up the great work!



38 comments:

Sea Flower Studios said...

Great shop and wonderful feature!

MyHandmadeCrafts said...

Wow! Great blog! Thanks for sharing this artist! I love her work! Cute fish and mouse! :D

Meri said...

I am so loving these! I need to learn how to crochet, stat!

Annemarie's Breiblog said...

Thanks so much for featuring my shop! I feel so honoured to be part of your gorgeous blog.
Best wishes, Annemarie

Ali in Wanderland said...

Gorgeous, I love these spring flowers super cute. I think this may have triggered another need for an Etsy fix, well I've not got a lot else to do today...

Martine said...

I love the gold fish. It is so cute. :)

Kristi said...

cutest garlands EVER! such an adorable shop ♥

Liberty said...

Annemarie is so talented!! I love her simple yet elegant flair. :)

Jill Q said...

Annemarie's items are so very charming ... I'm definitely going shopping!

Glitterbird Glamour said...

Love the garlands! I'm amazed how so many crochet artists can do such unique things with yarn.

Lbtoyos said...

Really sweety items, love the garland with pink hearts, thanks for sharing

Crimson Hill Soaps & Scents said...

I wasn't familiar with her shop, I enjoyed reading that!

bagsofblessing said...

What an adorable shop! Thanks for sharing her with us!

Katie - ToyStoryNutty said...

Crocheted Garland - that is SO CUTE! I went and hearted her store. Thanks for sharing!

hoganshandiwork said...

LOVE IT!!

kuteklipboardsbyamy said...

What a wonderful shop!!!

jlcjbuzz said...

Very cool crochet'd garlands! Love the hearts and flowers! thanks.
Carol from Carol'sl Jewelry Orchard

Terra Verde said...

I love the little flowers! I would hang that in a little girl's room if I had a little girl!

Greenhouse Glassworks said...

I just love the tree or willow branches with the crocheted flowers! Great site!!

teener1416 said...

onderful insight into an artist!

also - FANTASTIC photos!!!!

BijiBijoux said...

Thanks for sharing Annmaries beautiful shop!

Shannsgirl said...

You're just incredible at this bloggy stuff. :)

Lissie said...

Lovely and cute items! :)
Have a nice day! :)

Linda B said...

The mouse are adorable.

bountyofbeads said...

OMG, I love everything in her shop, especially the Spring Flowers. Fantastic blog.

kel said...

What a wonderful post! Gotta run add her shop to my favs... beautiful work!

Jenny said...

WOnderful talent!

I found you on the blog hop! I'm your newest follower! Have a great week! http://moenysavingtips.blogspot.com/

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Your blog is wonderful and so is the feature on AnneMarie!

Susan said...

Great blog - love the photo of the mound of Crocheted mices

KrystalsJewelry said...

super cute shop!! lots of cute stuff! great feature jen!

CalliopeCreations said...

Love the little fish. They look like the cheese fish crackers.

kidswonderart said...

I love your crochet garlands. I crochet at night to relieve stress but I've only made throw blankets for my kids beds.

thanks for sharing your projects, I hope I can be more creative.

I'm a new follower, please stop by when you have a chance.

Michele
http://kidswonderart.blogspot.com

tawna6988 said...

Blog hopping today and am your newest follower. I hope that 1 of my blogs interests you too.

http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
http://btrbb.blogspot.com
http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com

I also do a weekend blog hop, you can link up on http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com open every Friday-Sunday!
Thanks
Tawna

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Very cute crochet!! I made a few hearts myself. My favorites are probably the mice and the spring flowers toward the end!

Tatter Beans said...

Beautiful..... I love garlands....and this really are eye catching

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

What a sweet idea! the hearts are my fave, but I love carrying the same concept through other holidays!

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I will say, I LOVE AnneMarie's Work! I won her multi colored hert garland in a giveaway, and NO kidding it's been hanging in my Kitchen since the day of my Daughter's 3 Party LAST Saturday!
I love her work and it has gotten lots of complements!

georgette said...

beautiful! i think one of those would be great on a necklace...