February 23, 2011

Featured: Eldorado Soaps

I wanted to share with you some of the most gorgeous, delicious-looking soaps I've ever seen. Okay, so soaps will never be delicious, but nothing wrong with looking good :) Meet Crystal of Eldorado Soaps and be amazed!

Don't you want to eat this?? Or just touch it? :O
Sweet Berry Cordial Glycerin Soap Bar

Name: Crystal
Location: Seattle-Bremerton, Washington (Pacific Northwest)
Shop: http://eldoradosoap.etsy.com/
Blog: http://eldoradosoap.blogspot.com/


Sweet Orange Glycerin Soap Bar

Tell me a little about yourself.
My name is Crystal, I was born and raised on Bainbridge Island, a small island in the Pacific Northwest. The neighborhood where I grew up was filled with many local artists. Summer was a wonderful time of the year in this place.

An artist who lived very close to me had her own art studio and I used to watch her create some of the most amazing soft sculptures. Throughout my childhood I was encouraged to be just as creative. It is this childhood experience that has followed me through life, and led me to my own passion for creating beautiful things.

Orange Sherbet Bath Fizzie Bomb

How would you describe your work/shop?
My shop is filled with lots of little luxuries. I love fresh, clean, pure smelling products. I try to focus on bath and body items that are scented with a single scent rather than heavy blends. Some of my favorite scents are citrus, such as orange and lemon. I love fresh berry and fruit scents. For instance, apricot is a fabulous fragrance. A lot people think about the dried fruit when they think of apricot, but it really is a clean, fresh scent, similar to peach but slightly more floral, it is wonderful.

When I’m working, I try to see my creations through the eyes of someone else. I ask myself if the colors are beautiful, if the scent is fresh and clean, how does it feel and smell against my skin. In my shop I want to create something that is going to result in happiness and satisfaction.

Granny Smith Apple Bath Fizzie Bomb

Who should definitely stop by?
I think there is something here for just about everyone. I try to offer a variety of items that will appeal many people. I feature items such as glycerin and olive oil soaps, lip balms, bath fizzies and perfumes. I encourage anyone stop by and visit. I have so many beautiful things to consider either as a gift or something special just for you.


What keeps you motivated?
Sunshine, beautiful days, children’s laughter, adventure, a great piece of lemon pie, spanish guitar, and the beautiful mountains that surround me. I try to bring a little bit of my personality and motivation to all of my Eldorado soap creations.

Banana Creme Lip Balm

What is your most cherished handmade possession?
My most cherished handmade item is a small purple and gold hand blown glass pumpkin. I bought it at a local crafts fair a few years ago. I remember seeing it as it sat on the artists table. The sun was shining through the purple glass, it was a spectacular color. It still is. Today this little pumpkin sits in my living room and continues to capture the sunlight in a spectacular way. 

Sweet Strawberry Glycerin Soap Bar

Do you have any advice for those who are new to handmade/crafting? 
Creating is a joyful experience, I encourage anyone to do it. Try new forms of media, work with colors and textures you may not have thought about. Follow your ideas, even if they are wild and crazy, experiment, focus on the positive, and even if it seems impossible, just remember nothing is impossible. Enjoy what you do. 

Orange Poppyseed Soap Bar Scrub

Tell us who one of your favorite sellers is on Etsy!
Oh my goodness! There are so many. Etsy has the most incredible artists. I’m always finding so many beautiful things to admire and to amaze me. I love the items offer by treasuresagain, http://www.etsy.com/shop/treasureagain, it just makes me think of summer!

Decadent Coconut Soap Bar

Lemongrass Glycerin and Shea Soap Bar

Honey Oatmeal and Lavender Bar

Lavender Blossom Soap

With these soaps, why bother getting out of the bathtub? Maybe these soaps will make a religious bather out of you (if you aren't already ;) Thanks Crystal for sharing with us!

37 comments:

magdamagda said...

first time I stumbled upon artists making soap on etsy I felt like I met magicians!- making soap seems like such a mystery and developing all the frangrances and making them so deliciously looking- it's so incredible! Crystal's soaps look amazing and my nostrils are fretting trying to capture the apricot scent - I grew up eating lots of fresh apricots!;)

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Beautiful post....Crystals soaps look amazing!

Jill Q said...

Don't Eldorado's soaps remind you of Chalcedony ... the way it seems to glow from within?

Mika said...

I can almost smell the soaps!
They are beautiful!
I'm following from the blog hop.
I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Mika

Shannsgirl said...

Yummy Honey Oatmeal and Lavender bar!

Terra Verde said...

lovely! I really want to try these.

Crimson Hill Soaps & Scents said...

Great post, I enjoyed "meeting" Crystal:)

asdesigns said...

Great post! I love learning more about other etsians.

hoganshandiwork said...

Her soaps really do look good enough to eat! Great feature!

jlcjbuzz said...

Love the soaps!
Carol from Carol's Jewelry Orchard

BijiBijoux said...

Enjoy seeing all the beautiful products and gorgeous photos!

Charlene said...

What a wonderful feature. Hope this brings many people and sales to your shop Crystal!

Michelle said...

Great post about a great shop!

CalliopeCreations said...

Good enough to eat. Wonderful post.

Lissie said...

Great post!
I agree! Yummy looking soaps!

elsa said...

omg i want those soaps! great profile of a great etsy seller!

lioneyedgirl.blogspot.com

Crystal Zacharias said...

Those soaps look great!

Lbtoyos said...

Really great items, I personally own a orange soap with seed of poppies and a banana lip balm.
GORGEOUS

Pamela said...

Such fun to meet a new friend today. Awesome products.

I'm a new follower from For the Love of Blogs.

Kristi said...

oooh. I want the decadent coconut. yum ♥

Crystal Eldoradosoap said...

Thank you for this wonderful feature, I' m honored to be included in this beautiful blog among so many extraordinary artists.

Norahz Boutique said...

Thanks for sharing...the soaps look amazing....

Greenhouse Glassworks said...

Very nice feature! Those soaps look great, love the photos!

Glitterbird Glamour said...

Great to get to know her, and I think she takes gorgeous photos!

My Little Pumpkin said...

new follower, pls follow back
www.mylittlepumpkin.blogspot.com

Sea Flower Studios said...

You're right that the soap looks delicious! Would be so hard to choose what to order!

Melissa said...

I really love these soaps.

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

So pretty! I even really like the packaging!

treehouse herbs said...

wow, what a great post - i love everything about it (well, especially the pictures of all the soaps ;))

Katie - ToyStoryNutty said...

The bath fizzie looks GREAT!

C'est Magnifique said...

Great post... those soaps do look so yummy! :)

Tania

Doni said...

OK, now I want to go take a hot bath...but I wouldn't have any of those soaps, so the romance is gone! I must check out some of those! Honey Oatmeal Lavender....ahhhhh.....take me away!!
Thanks so much for sharing for Pearls and Lace Thursday! What fun!!
Blessings, Doni

Leah R. Hood, Jewelry Designer & Artisan said...

Great post! Everything looks beautiful and inviting!

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

There are some great looking soaps there. I'd love to try the orange poppyseed one! Also, I have a great Dove chocolate giveaway going on right now and would love if stopped by and entered: http://eyespydiy.blogspot.com/2011/02/dove-chocolate-discoveries-giveaway.html

~Katie @ Eye Spy DIY

AllieMakes! said...

Oh my! Those are gorgeous! The strawberry glycerin one is just beautiful! I could probably get wierd and say to the kids that they couldn't use those, they would be for show or company... They would have to use the (under the sink soap...) LOL
Great questions for her!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

I am a soapaholic - I just LOVE a little treat everytime you wash your hands, I will have to check these out on Etsy - Yes soap can be delicious

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Beautiful soaps!! Bet they smell wonderful too! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)