February 2, 2011

What Could Be Worse Than Snowstorms?

Icy rain. It's actually the term for rain that immediately turns to ice once it hits the ground, which is what we're going to have today and tomorrow. Snowstorms are much better because you can at least walk/drive in it without sliding and you won't get drenched within 10 minutes of being outside.

Newsboy Crochet Aran Fleck by PowersOfLove

I lost my favorite knit cream hat (very similar to the cute one above) somewhere just before this winter started. I originally bought it at Target about three years ago and wore it every winter, but I just haven't seen it again :( which is probably a good thing because I've discovered so many great handmade knit items on Etsy!  The newsboy hat above is actually the same price as my hat from Target, but I could be supporting a real person instead of some corporation with questionable sources.

Happy wrist-warmers to get me through the crappy weather.
Wrist Warmer Fingerless Gloves by PowersOfLove

Lisa, the woman behind PowersOfLove, started her shop with the intention of financing the adoption of children from foster care. The costs of adoption can run high, but she and her husband dream of providing a stable, loving, and (most importantly) permanent home for some lucky children :)


She also crochets little hats for infants! Isn't this adorable? Check out her shop and her blog for more cozy winter goodies and custom orders.


On another note, here's a pretty little treasury to distract you (or me) from the icy rain...

'Beauty in Simplicity' by priya123


Coco, Cute bow neck...
$26.00

Petite shabby cotta...
$12.00

dainty... breezy to...
$30.00

Fine Art Print Love...
$25.00

Set 6 pink Giraffe ...
$7.99

Three Pebbles toget...
$28.00

Rabbit Silhouette C...
$3.50

Sunday Morning, 8x1...
$22.00

The KEY to My HEART...
$29.95

Icicles Necklace - ...
$20.00

Small Clasp Purse -...
$28.00

Double strand embro...
$26.00

DMC Perle Cotton Th...
$2.69

Vintage Scalloped R...
$11.50

Unique, Blue and Wh...
$27.50
Treasury tool is sponsored by Lazzia.com.



26 comments:

Inessa said...

Great story, great cause and a great artist.

Dell Cove Spice said...

Beautiful!

KrystalsJewelry said...

awesome feature!!! love powersoflove shop!

Crystal Zacharias said...

cute. love those bright mittens.

CalliopeCreations said...

Perfect weather for the hats and gloves. Lovely.

Tatter Beans said...

wonderful story..and such a good reason to start a shop... and that first hat ..wow I think I could do with that today ...

BijiBijoux said...

I am glad to get to know powersoflove! Lover her pieces and we definitely need her pieces especially today :)

Crystal said...

What a great story...and artist!

Jill Q said...

Love Powersoflove's Shop - I could use one of each with this weather!

bagsofblessing said...

I love that newsboy hat!

Glitterbird Glamour said...

Great feature and great treasury, love the newsboy hat too!

Katie - ToyStoryNutty said...

LOVE the items that you chose! Going shopping in her store now.

galla15 said...

Beautiful hats and gloves!!!

asdesigns said...

great job!!

Charlene said...

What a great cause for opening an Etsy shop. Many prayers for being able to adopt children who are in need of good homes.

Lbtoyos said...

Really lovely shop and great treasury

Kelly said...

What a touching story.
I do like that newsboy hat, too!

theMayflower said...

Great shop and fantastic treasury!

Angels and Everlastings said...

What a great reason to sell such beautiful things.

Sea Flower Studios said...

Great feature!

hoganshandiwork said...

Powersoflove is SO talented!!! Wonderful feature!

Powers Of Love said...

Thank you for featuring me Petite Hermine! You did a lovely job.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, and encouragement! I truly appreciate it.

Johnnie said...

Thanks for joining Thrifty Thursday! I am following you now Blessings...

Saved By Love Creations

Doni said...

How cool! I mean WARM!!! I love the first hat, but the baby cap is so precious!! I love to crochet, but I've never made clothing....I wonder if I shouldn't learn to knit...a nice cable patterned afghan right now would be nice!!!
Stay warm! Thanks so much for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday!
Blessings, Doni

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

Great collection of goodies! The newsboy hat is my fave... and I couldn't agree more... why buy from Target when you can get something for the same price in most cases made by someone who cared about every stitch.

Bella said...

Cute post girl. I know exactly what you mean about the icy rain,,, we get that too, and it SUCKS.... This wrist warmers are SUPER fun, I love the colors. Isn't it crazy how much awesomeness is on Etsy. I love what you have going on here at your blog. I'm new, and I love all the support you give to your fellow artists.

You go girl. I am totally following you now, I can't wait to see more of you.


I would LOVE if you came to link up to my party **Amaze me August** I am trying to reach 100 linkups, and then I will have a special giveaway, something made my me, lol. I'm pretty excited!!!

Oh and just in case you were curious, how I clean my stove, check this out, he he.
Cleaning my stove with Shampoo

Thanks a ton girl, and hope to see you soon!!!!

Bella :)