March 9, 2011

Featured: Yee Von Illustrations

Meet one of my favorite artists, Yee Von, of Yee Von Illustrations and Whimsy Whimsical. She creates wonderfully dreamy, soft, romantic, and whimsical (of course) artwork. Looking at her illustrations takes my breath away and transports me to the days of magic, wishes, and fairy tales! :)

Poppies Fall - Small Print by chanyeevon

Name: Yee Von
Location: Malaysia
Website: http://chanyeevon.com
Shops: http://chanyeevon.etsy.com,
http://whimsywhimsical.etsy.com
Blog: http://chanyeevon.blogspot.com

I Love Spring Time Notecards by whimsywhimsical

Tell me a little about yourself.
I'm Yee Von, a freelance illustrator from Malaysia. My artworks are pen on paper and colored digitally in Photoshop. I love the feeling of putting my imaginations onto paper with ink. Other than that, I enjoy stargazing and looking at the clouds in the sky which just makes me feel relaxed. I currently have a full-time day job, and my etsy shops are my part-time job :)

Simply Happy - Mr Hedgehog by whimsywhimsical

How would you describe your work/shop? Who should definitely stop by?
My whimsical family is inspired from forest animals that live in the magical and peaceful forest of Whimsy Whimsical Forest. Most of them express the loving and caring relationships that can be formed between parents and children, friendships, and sisterhood, as well as couples :) They are most likely attracted to those who love sweet woodland or cute forest animals like foxes, rabbits and owls :D I'm still working on a way to expand the whimsy family so each of them will have their very own stories.

The Dream Weaver - Limited Edition by chanyeevon

What keeps you motivated?
My motivations come from those who support and love my works :) Whenever I received emails or feedback on how much my customers love my work and are happy with them, it just makes me happier than anything. I'm also motivated by those artists whom I admire. The journey they went through to reach where they are right now will encourage me to work harder to achieve my dream, too!

Whimsical Owl Stickers/Seals by whimsywhimsical

What is your most cherished handmade possession?
I guess that goes to drawing. I love to dream and let my imagination flow whenever I can. It is a fun thing to do and you might not know what ideas will appear out of nowhere. Having my personal style and putting my imaginations onto paper and letting my characters create their stories (just like whimsy family) is something very heart warming because it feels like seeing your baby (haha) grow.

Let Me Fly - Limited Edition by chanyeevon

Do you have any advice for those who are new to art/handmade/crafting?
Sometimes you don't have to come up with the most innovative idea in order to be successful but as long as you have found your niche market, you are already there in making your own business :) Personally, I think figuring out who you should be targeting (and who will appreciate what you're doing the most) is the most difficult part. Other than that, every one of us has a different journey, so just make sure you walk at your own pace-- firm and steady :)

Winter Warmer - Limited Edition by chanyeevon

Tell us who one of your favorite sellers is on Etsy!
Oh gosh, that's difficult (lolz)... There are so many amazing etsy artists whom I admire a lot (check out my etsy favourites XD) but if I can only pick one then that would be Emilly from The Black Apple (www.etsy.com/people/theblackapple). I love her style and imaginations so much!

Can You Hear the Whispers In My Heart by whimsywhimsical

Whimsical Owl Notecards Set by whimsywhimsical

Just For You - Greeting Card by whimsywhimsical

My Love Letters No.3 - Secret Admirer by whimsywhimsical

The Sisters - Whimsical Tiny Art Pendants by chanyeevon

Isn't her artwork amazing? Thanks so much for sharing with us, Yee Von!



39 comments:

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Very intersting post on a wonderful artist.

Meri said...

What a whimsical world she has created- I love it!
Meri

Gale said...

So beautiful! I love these!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Hi, I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I am a new follower! :) love your blog!Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

Linda B said...

I haven't seen her work, it's great.

Inessa said...

What a lovely post about a wonderful artist! Thanks for sharing.

bountyofbeads said...

This is one talented artist, beautiful post.

Glitterbird Glamour said...

She has a very cute style!

Crimson Hill Soaps and Scents said...

Glad to know more about that great artist!

RhettDidntGiveADamn said...

Her things are just beautiful! Thank you for the feature.

Lbtoyos said...

Lovely pieces of a big artist!!!

kel said...

Great interview! I love her artwork!

Jill Q said...

Now I'm a big Yee Von fan too! She is very talented, and I LOVE 'Winter Warmer' with the swans She could definitely illustrate Children's books!!!

Terra Verde said...

I love this artwork! I will look the artist up on Etsy.

Leah R. Hood, Jewelry Designer & Artisan said...

Great interview!

bagsofblessing said...

What absolutely gorgeous, inspiring artwork. You did a great feature on her.

Dell Cove Spice said...

Gorgeous and elegant. A perfect balance. Thanks for giving us insight into the artist!

Katie - ToyStoryNutty said...

What a great interview! I went to her shop too because of your post - WOW is all I have to say. Thank you for introducing me to someone new!

Michelle said...

Great artist to feature. She does wonderful work.

Amy Lilley said...

Her work is stunning- Thanks so much for sharing XD

Frenchy said...

Great interview ! WOW i love it !
I was looking at your Etsy and i love it too !
Great blog !
I was wondering if you would like to have a giveaway on my blog for your Etsy.
Email me if you are interested.
isafrenchy@gmail.com
Newest follower for sure and would love a follow back :)
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Belizean Beauty - Lady Dylana said...

Beautiful artwork.

hoganshandiwork said...

I adore those owl stickers!

asdesigns said...

Wonderful post and such a great illustrator

charmeddesign1012 said...

Great feature Jen!

Crystal Zacharias said...

Beautiful work from the artist!

kuteklipboardsbyamy said...

Talented artist!

galla15 said...

WOW!! Very whimsical, cute items! Love them.

Kristi said...

oh my what pretty work!

yeevon said...

You are such a wonderful person :) :) Words alone couldn't express my appreciation for you!!

Sea Flower Studios said...

Beautiful! I love the fall poppies! Thanks so much for introducing us to this wonderful shop!

Mandy said...

Such beautiful work! Thank you so much for showing it to me. =)

Martine said...

Great feature. I haven't seen her pictures before but they are lovely. :)

Marcy said...

Hi there! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! I would love a follow back at www.lifesgristle.blogspot.com, while I look around your site!

:)
Marcy

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Lovely post and what a great artist..you got a lovely blog!..Coming from Show-and-Tell Friday..:)

Sanghamitra
http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Beautiful artwork! Very inspirational!

I am a new follower from Chic on a Shoestring, I would love if you could stop by www.mooseandtater.com

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What absolutely beautiful art~ she is very talented!! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I adore that first one! Such beautiful work.

<3, New Follower
Tomorrow starts a week of giveaways on A Taste of T

AllieMakes! said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com