March 3, 2011

Women Are Better Than Men At...

I recently read this article on Yahoo, which is about a book by Dan Abrams that explains why women are better than men at almost everything, according to scientific studies and research, in his attempt to disprove sexist cliches (like women are bad drivers, etc). Awesome! These aren't his opinions, they aren't his theories or musings. His book is based on actual evidence from studies and research, which he references in his book.

Print No. Thirty-Two, 8 x 10 by HappyTownUSA

Man Down: Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt That Women Are Better Cops, Drivers, Gamblers, Spies, World Leaders, Beer Tasters, Hedge Fund Managers, and Just About Everything ElseThis book is obviously controversial, if I even need to say that, but I bought it because I was curious (or maybe I'm a sucker) and thought it'd be a fun read. Whether you agree with this or not, I wanted to share a few things women are better than men at, according to Man Down, by Dan Abrams.



  • Women are better drivers. (Oooohhhh yeah, victory dance! Males have a 77% higher risk of dying in a car accident per mile compared to women.)
  • Women are better beer and wine tasters, or any type of food taster, actually.
  • Women are better at video games.
  • Women get ready faster than men. (Shocking!)
  • Women have better memories (I think that one's obvious).
  • Women are better gamblers, not to mention investors and hedge fund managers.
  • Women are better at avoiding internet fraud.
  • Women are better students and are better at social media (I'd have to agree :)
  • Women in politics are less corrupt.
  • Women are getting better looking faster than men.
  • Women have stronger immune systems.
  • Women are better cops, world leaders, newscasters, loan officers, etc.

Funny thing is, women still make less than men in the US. Does that mean we're a better bargain? Well, what do you think about what Mr. Dan Abrams has brought to light?

Not only is she hot, she's a member of MENSA.
Fine Art Canvas Print by VANGUARDGALLERY

10 comments:

yeevon said...

I was as shocking as you are when I read "Women get ready faster than men" XD Those are indeed some funny and cool facts that amused us (or inspired us!)...

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Great post!!! And I must agree with him...we're just better all around! Right gals? Oh and the 'women have better memories'>>>love your comment beside it.


My Flaunt It link: A Beautiful Girl

Do stop by if you get a chance to visit. Happy Happy Rango Weekend.

Cheryl said...

I LOVE this post cool nurse pin up girl pic too ! I saw this at Truly Lovely

~The Bargain Babe said...

hahaha I love that picture! "Be more awesome than last year."

By the Bluegrass said...

love the picture....be more awesome than last year! what a great outlook!
xo,
Sena

shah wharton said...

Great read - timely too in the prelude to International Women's Day - just finished my post fo it and this was a great taster of things to come in week ahead i think. Thanks for linking this up at my Blog Hop. Great to see you with us.

Shah from wordsinsync.blogspot.com xx

The Loops said...

Agreed! I'm a new follower. I'd love for you to stop by!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Yay Women!! You go girls!! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

Erin O'Riordan said...

Screw equal pay for equal work ~ we need to be getting paid more than men, the greedy blighters!

Holly said...

Love how you did this post. I missed this whole news story. I think I shall print out these points and put them on the frig for hubby to ponder! The Little People lady made my day too!
Holly
504 Main