May 1, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #13 + Goodies

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend last week! There were several recipes so I had to post them, because food is always good :) Here are more unique design and craft ideas for you to try your hand at. If you make any of these crafts or have made some from the previous linkies, I'd love to see some pictures!

The braided yarn accents on this pillow gives it such interest and taste. It looks so professionally done!  The Crafty Cpa does it again with her crafty-ness and easy-to-follow tutorials.

Aren't these little treat/gift boxes sweet? Not only are they easy to make, but they add a personal touch to any little surprise you give to someone. Find the tutorial at Nifty Thrifty Things, and check out her floral friday as well! Those flowers are gorgeous.

Alright, who likes angry birds? If you haven't heard of it, it's an insanely addictive game you can play on your iPhone or other smartphone, not to mention it was the best-selling smartphone game of last year. I guess round little birds looking angry is pretty cute. If you know anyone who's a fan, she'll be thrilled with this ribbon bow! With a video tutorial, My name is Momma will show you the way :)

If you're looking for a stylish way to add more shelf space to your room, look no further than here. Blissful Meanderings not only teaches you how to make these, but gives you a few design ideas as well. Aren't these shelves such a good idea?

This cupcake might be too pretty to eat. The Baking Sake has provided her recipe for making this white chocolate buttercream icing, on top of a simple lemon cupcake. These photographs inspire me to practice piping icing!

If you'd like to go for something a bit healthier, try this cherry-pistachio oatmeal clusters recipe. You may feel less guilty about eating an extra cluster or two :) Check it out at the Hungry Homebody!

Mmmm... how I love pasta. This balsamic summer pasta makes a perfectly light dinner, paired with an apple-spinach-goat cheese salad. You can find the recipes for both dishes at The Elephant's Trunk!

Check out this cool headboard! It's pretty soothing and nautical at the same time. It requires a little bit of patience and hammering skills to make, but it looks well worth the effort :) Find the tutorial at From Gardeners to Bergers. Check out her plaque gift idea and paper flower tutorials as well! They're all worth making.

If you've got a skirt that's a little too long and you'd like a matching scarf, Crafty Geordi has the solution for you. It's a simple idea that'll get more out of your wardrobe!

Own the prettiest washcloths in the neighborhood with this simple tutorial from JAQS Studio! Or if you want the washcloth but don't want to spend time making it, she'll make it for you through her etsy shop.

Sun Scholars has a great tutorial for making a blanket that turns into a backpack for easy transport. It's a bit more on the challenging side. If you've got the skills and patience, you'll have a lovely portable blanket for your children or to bring to a picnic!

Need some table-setting ideas for your next big party or just to spice up your dining room table? Then I don't think there's a more appropriate place to look than Tablescape Times Three. Their table-setting designs are beautiful!

For some more decorating ideas, check out how Ohh Baby! redid this room. She also included links to how she made the chalkboard, chair, and cabinet in the background.

Lastly, everyone likes free stuff, so here's where you can download the above printable image, plus others, at Making Messes, to frame somewhere as a reminder of the joys of summer. Hurray!


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



21 comments:

Steph said...

Wow...LOVE all the features! They are all so creative. Thanks for hosting, Jen!

Eleni said...

Really nice features!!! Thanks for hosting:)

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

thanks for hosting

{nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful party every week and for featuring my treat boxes! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa

Leovi said...

A series of beautiful designs.

thehungryhomebody said...

Hi Jen,

Thanks for hosting the party again this week. It is a thrill to see the Cherry Pistachio Clusters featured!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Thank you for hostessing every Sunday!

Valerie said...

Thanks for hosting, and thanks for featuring my Summertime printable! :) Valerie @ Making Messes

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for showing off my pasta!! :)

Krysti said...

Thank you sooo much for featuring my shelves this week and my Felt Gardenia last week! You are so sweet. You must have some really amazing followers because the last several days, I have been getting the most traffic from your site. Thank you a million times! It's so fun when people like what you've shared. It's even funner when they share what you've shared!!!!!
Krysti @ Blissful Meandering

petite hermine said...

Aww, thanks Krysti! I try really hard to get my sunday posts out there to people who'd enjoy these crafts (but may not blog)! It's so nice of you to tell me that you're getting traffic :) I'm so glad!

Bergs said...

Thank you so much for featuring my headboard and for the kind words about all my projects this week! You've made my day!

Christine @ craftygeordi.blogspot.com said...

Wow, thanks for the feature!! I hardly feel worthy, with all of those awesome projects out there. Your button is residing on my sidebar now.

Tati M said...

Thank you so much for the feature! I love that cupcake too! Love that everybody else liked it too!
white chocolate buttercream is the only way to go now! I have never done regular buttercream anymore.
Thanks again!
xoxo
Tati

Patricia said...

I really like the Angry Bird Bow! I also have an Etsy shop.
I am following you via the MMM blog hop. Please follow Mamaw's blog.

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

Liz said...

You found some really awesome things! Great post. I am visiting and following from the Monday blog hop. Have a great week!

My name is Momma said...

Thanks again for the feature!

LambAround said...

That Angry Birds bow cracks me up :)

3generations said...

Thank you for the shout out from Tablescapex3! :)
-Andrea

Christine @ craftygeordi.blogspot.com said...

Lol! I got quite the giggle when I opened this link on my Show and Share party and found my own project on these features. Too funny! Thanks again for the feature and thanks for linking up with my Show and Share party.

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

Thanks so much for sharing my blanket backpack!!! And thanks for hosting each week!!