May 22, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #16 + Goodies

Hubby came back from NYC to visit for a week! Yay :) We're going to do (probably) way too many things in this amount of time, starting with a trip to Yosemite with several of our out-of-state friends for a few days. Luckily I was able to get these days off so I can get back in shape with some mountain hiking. Looking very forward to it because sitting in an office = getting flabby. Also did some shopping that I didn't feel guilty about (what a rare occurrence!)

Now onto this Sunday's goodies! Once again, there were so many good blog posts from last week's linky, it was really hard narrowing down what I wanted to show. I think I have some of the most talented linky friends on the internet :)

Switch up your usual breakfast table decor with these pretty poppies! Find the tutorial at JAQS Studio. I bet these would look amazing with a double row of "petals" as well, but then they wouldn't be poppies anymore...

How cool is this tote bag? Ha, if only I could create something new everyday! But I guess I sort of do... if you count cooking and working... :) Made by the Crafty Cpa, I love her choices in fabric and message content.

Who likes drinking pretty coffee? (raises hand). Actually, I like drinking pretty hot cocoa even more. You don't have to be a barista to wow your family and friends with your homemade cappuccino. It's really easy too! Find it at Nifty Thrifty Things.

If you want a cool map cutout of your favorite city, here's your inspiration. I've seen these being sold on Etsy and they can be quite pricey due to the time involved in cutting those streets out, but if you've got time on your hands, might as well make your own. Check it out at I Design!

Make this kitchen memo board from scratch! Okay, maybe you'd have to find/buy a frame (unless you want to carve one out yourself), but this is a really good project. Check out Smart-Bottom Enterprises for the tutorial. It's amazing how this was made from almost nothing.

I found two personalized tile tutorials from last week, which uses different techniques as well. Here's one from Small Fine Prints using a stamping technique. Check out her peeps-"sushi" recipe as well! They're so cute!

Here's another technique using modge podge, from Gardeners to Bergers. Both tiles look amazing, so take your pick, or do both! They also have a tutorial on making a book wreath and for making your own cleaning supplies.

Cute table and chair set? Heck yes! This would make such a cute set for kids. Learn how to spruce up a set for yourself at I Can't Stop Crafting.

Time for some yummy recipes. This is a "healthy but delicious date treat," as Ingas Haven puts it. Looking at the pictures and ingredients, I'm going to have to agree.

Hot lips cake? Yeah, you read that right. If you'd like surprise someone with hot lips for his/her birthday, look no further for the recipe/tutorial. Rook No. 17 has a video tutorial for how to make this, as well as the recipe for the chocolate-raspberry cake.

It seems there were a lot of desserts last week. Here's a nice blueberry coffee cake to go with your pretty cappuccino from above. Find it at Cooking with K!

Last but not least, lemony "cloud" ricotta pancakes! I'd love to wake up to these for breakfast (especially if someone else makes them :). Find the recipe at Hungry Homebody.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



11 comments:

{nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you sooo much for featuring my coffee stencils!! What a great surprise this morning! Yaay!
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

thehungryhomebody said...

thanks Jen for the feature of my Lemon Ricotta Pancakes... I hope someone is making them for you right now :D

Happy Sunday!

Julianna @ The Hungry Homebody

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Jen, thank you again for hostessing!

Becca said...

Thank you so much for hosting this party each week and for always being so kind about my projects! It is much appreciated!

Lolly Jane said...

Thanks for hosting the party! :)

PS: LOVE your header/blog colors- super CUTE!

About JollyJilly said...

Hi popping in from blog hop
Im a new follower from the uk
enjoyed reading your blog
please come visit me anytime
www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

Miss Rebecca said...

I love the RedLip Cake and the Breakfast Poppys! What a great blog! Have fun with your Hubby! <3

LINDY LEGENDS AND OTHER SUCH NONSENSE said...

I'm your newest follower from the Monday blog hop. Would love it if you'd swing by my blog when you get a chance! ☺

shah wharton said...

Hello - I received the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award yesterday and you are receiving it from me today. To see what you need to do to collect it, stop by wordsinsync.blogspot.com.
Have a fabulous day - Shah. X

To Sew With Love said...

thanks for sharing your lovely finds, Jen! It's always pleasure visiting your blog! Have a nice weekend!

DitzyRedhead said...

Found you on BlogFrog - following -will you follow me too? thx
marcelle