June 5, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #18 + Goodies

It was dark and gloomy this whole week and it rained this weekend, so I didn't get to go out :( but I had a nice time sleeping a lot and drinking hot cocoa. I also tried to make a coconut soup but it tasted really bad -___- which is why next time I'll follow a recipe first.

There were a lot of great and interesting posts last week, so this week I'll share them in categories and try to include some extra links :)

Okay, this is *actually* a post about framing a nice picture, but I really like the message included in this photo from Careless in the Care of God (I think that's Drake and possibly one of his lyrics?) This message perfectly describes what I try to do everyday (although not everyday is a success).

This gorgeous rose soap ball would beautifully decorate your guest bathroom! All you need is to make a trip to the dollar store for the supplies, which I'll have to check out. Find the tutorial at 36th Avenue.

These paper seashells have such a rustic charm to them. They would look amazing strung together onto a garland! Learn how to make these at Pressed Down, Shaken Together.

Make this AWESOME chalk globe and try your hand at drawing the continents! Check it out at Hoot Designs. She also has a recipe for key lime pie tarts :)

Add some fun and personality to your hand towels, just in time for barbecue season! Learn how to do it at The Silly Pearl.

I've posted the original inspiration for these bags in a previous Sunday Linky Party, but here's an even easier version of it! Find the tutorial from a guest blogger at Come Together Kids.

To get the exact flavor you want and to know exactly what ingredients you're putting on your mouth, you can make your own lip balm! Find out how at Soap Deli News.



These apple dumplings look so cute! You'll have to try them at Cooking with K.

For another yummy dessert, learn how to make this easy peach pie at two little cookie monsters!

More sweets! Red velvet cupcake pops, meaning they're cake pops -- wait for it -- that look like mini-cupcakes! Find this recipe at Confessions of a Craft-A-Holic.

Additional recipes you'll want to try:




++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



15 comments:

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Thanks for hosting Jen and THANK YOU for mentioning out trip to Italy! Today I linked the second part of it.
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Veronica

LaVonne @ Long Wait said...

Thanks for hosting. I appreciate it. Enjoy your week!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Karen said...

Just started following - this is such a great idea! You're an angel for hosting.

Desiree @ The 36th Avenue said...

Jen,

Thank you so much for hosting and featuring my Soap Flower Ball on your blog. You are really sweet... Thanks again ;)

LambAround said...

Those apple dumplings look SO good!

{nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Jen! :) I love your parties!!
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Leovi said...

Beautiful photos. Saludos.

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

YEAH! Thanks so much for sharing my notebook bags! And thanks as always for hosting! Love your link party!

BluBabesCreate said...

I'm just getting my widgets up for linky parties! Please be patient with me! thanks for letting us link up!

Cooking with K said...

Thank you for the feature today. Also, thank you for hosting...I know this is a lot of work! I am enjoying linking each week.

The One Stop Baby Shop said...

Hi Jen! Thanks so much for featuring my Cupcake Pops! I'm so honored :) Your awesome, I'm a follower on your blog and I marked your Etsy shop as my favorites! I'm on Etsy too ;) You can find me here:
http://onestopbabygifts.blogspot.com

Cheers!
Lilli

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Thanks again for hostessing!

Entertaining Women said...

Such a lovely collection of recipes/goodies. Thank you for sharing them with us! Cherry Kay

Just Another Hat said...

I love craft blogs. I'm not crafty, but I love seeing other people's works. Your blog is a plethora of crafty information in the blogosphere. And you have very cute things on Etsy, too. I'm glad I stopped by from Meet Me Monday.

GuitarTrump said...

All of that food looks *AMAZING*. I love the bags! And the idea of a chalk glob is really cool...but I'd probably write Peace & Love instead of continents like in the picture (being the hippie I am) :D lol Following you...

I really like your blog - I'm trying to get mine off the ground and was wondering if you could come check it out and consider following.

http://www.guitartrump.blogspot.com/

Hope you have an *amazing* day! :)

Alex