June 12, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #19 + Goodies

It's summer and the weather's wonderfully warm. I love that it's still light outside at 8pm as well, don't you? Father's Day is coming up and so is barbecue season, and you know how dads love to grill :) This week we've got a lot of outstanding projects as usual, and recipes for a perfect evening out on the lawn. Here's to another glorious Sunday!

  
Make something personal for the father in your life (be it your dad or a husband), such as this tote or t-shirt. Head over to The Silly Pearl for a tutorial on how to make your own graphic prints and put them onto fabric.

Ever wonder how soap is made? Interested in making your own and being able to control its ingredients? Find the process and recipe at Soap Deli News. You might end up with a huge batch of it though!

What is this? Why, it's a centerpiece of portable desserts, duh! Perfect for a kid's birthday party or tweaked for a more adult one, learn how to make it at Jellyfish Jelly.

See that soap dispenser on the left? It's a mason jar, which is pretty cool, and you can make it yourself. Find the tutorial at From Gardners to Bergers!

This is a simply chic wreath made from a book! It looks kind of modern to me and I love the red, white, and black all over (insert newspaper joke here :) Find it at Junk in Their Trunk. Check out their teacher appreciation ideas as well!


More crafts to check out!

Chomp! Make your next summer barbecue a splash with this watermelon shark centerpiece. It looks so awesome! See it at Sun Scholars.

Enjoy your barbecue with more barbecue (specifically, this barbecue chicken pizza)! The green zucchini slices look so refreshing :) Jam Hands has the recipe.

More pizza:

Everyone will love getting their servings of veggies with this summer vegetable tart with artichoke pesto, at the Hungry Homebody!

Have some refreshing ginger carrot soup to whet your appetite, courtesy of Will Cook for Smiles!

What's a summer barbecue without some pie? How about a yummy peach cobbler, like this one from Cooking with K?

As for the kids who can't sit still, let them run around with these cake pups, by the Seven Year Cottage.

More yummy recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



13 comments:

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Thanks for hosting!
Veronica

Leovi said...

I love that paper crown.

Cooking with K said...

Thank you for the feature this week...and thank you for all your hard work making this linky every week...I enjoy it so much!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Thank you for featuring my cake pups, and for hostessing each week!

Becca said...

Thanks so much for showing my soap dispenser some love! You are always soo kind to my little DIY projects. I appreciate it TONS and thank YOU for hosting!!
Becca

Rebecca (Soap Deli News Blog) said...

Thanks so much for featuring my handmade soap tutorial!

clutterholic said...

Peach cobbler sounds delicious!

Thanks for hosting the weekly linky!

dogsmom said...

What a great group of features.
Thank you for sharing and for hosting.

Kimberley said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Monday hop. I hope you'll come visit me and follow me back at http://mommychosis.blogspot.com

Thanks and have a wonderful week!

To Sew With Love said...

thanks for hosting, girl! ^^)

D+B said...

Super Cute blog!! :) I am your newest follower! I will definitely be keeping an eye on your blog to learn new things!! If you would like to take a look at my blog that would be wonderful and follow me back! For-The-Luv-Of.blogspot.com Look out for some giveaways also like mineral make-up. I am new to this but excited to share ideas on yummy food!
Thanks,
Brooke

To Sew With Love said...

lovely finds! thanks for sharing this to TSWL!

clutterhome.com said...

Those sugar cubes are ADORABLE! I've never heard of making your own lip balm, so I'm definitely going to check out the link.

Thanks for hosting!