June 26, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #21 + Goodies

Well, I did absolutely nothing today. I slept in, ate lots of food, and caught up on show-watching on the internet. And I feel very satisfied right now :) My husband called me this afternoon to tell me about what he did today (he's in NYC, I'm in the SF Bay Area, so his day's almost over due to the 3 hr difference), and sometimes he has this annoying way of sticking to a topic and not letting it go, so I told him I'm not going to talk about it anymore and hung up on him. A few minutes later, he calls me back and, without skipping a beat, continues on telling me about the rest of his day as if we never stopped conversing. Sigh, can't stay mad at something like that, lol.

Here's your week of outstanding projects and recipes!

These pillowcases are so fresh and bright, I absolutely love them! Learn how to make them, from picking the fabric to applying the stencil art, at The 36th Avenue!

These baby shoes are just darling! To find the tutorial, click on the link to the pdf at Nifty Thrifty Things.

These cute mini bean bags can be used for games such as hopscotch (I remember as a child we'd also kick them around with friends). But since they're filled with beans (you can also use rice or other fillings), they'll double as heat/cold packs for boo-boos! Perfect :) JAQS Studio has the tutorial.

Here's a great idea for a super simple beach bag. It's so easy to make and is well ventilated! Check out Artsy VaVa for the instructions.


More Crafts to Try:

I know this may be a little confusing, but the above picture is not of hamburgers. They are cakes and brownies! Treat your kids (or adults) with these fun desserts, complete with sugar cookie "french fries" as well, from Confessions of a Craft-A-Holic.

Mmm... look at how chocolatey this milk chocolate cupcake with chocolate mocha buttercream is. As a chocolate-lover (borderline addict), my mouth watered just looking at this picture. Get the recipe at Pressed Down, Shaken Together.

These yummy Boston cream cupcakes are filled with cream in the center! Check out Will Cook for Smiles for this recipe as well as a buffalo chicken salad recipe.

These pudding beach cups would make a great hit at a kid's summer party. They're cute, portable, perfectly sized, and simple enough for gathering the group to make it together as an activity. Sun Scholars has documented the whole process.

After all those sweets, here's something light and vitamin-packed. Spinach, arugula, and apple salad with toasted pecans -- how's that for healthy? Get the recipe at Cooking with K. Also check out her apple cheesecake pie!


More Recipes to Try:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



10 comments:

Cooking with K said...

Thank you for the feature this week...you are a sweetie. I enjoy the linky and thank you so much for all your hard work.

Desiree @ The 36th Avenue said...

Thank you very much for featuring my little pillows today... so sweet of you. I'll be back next week ;) Love your blog!

BluBabesCreate said...

You've always got the best recipes!

clutterhome said...

Thanks for sharing these links! I just LOVE the pillowcase and the tiny hamburger brownies/cakes!

Thank you for hosting each week!

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Thanks for mentioning my Chicken croquettes and for hosting!!

{nifty thrifty things} said...

Oooh, thank you so much for featuring my kimono baby shoes!! Yay!!
Hugs,
Vanessa

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Jen, thank you for hostessing... have a great day!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thank you so much for the feature and for the party!!

Aisling Beatha said...

Thanks for the link.

CraftyCupcake13 said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for featuring my hamburger cupcakes!! I feel so special that you did!!
Your the best!!

xoxo,
Lilli