June 21, 2011

Yosemite in the Spring

I took a few days off about a month ago to hike and hang out with hubby/a bunch of friends in Yosemite and meant to make a post about it, but procrastination had gotten the best of me, until now.


The money shot!

So here are the views! Hiking in the gorgeous Spring weather with the best company one can find :) I was extremely tired and ready to hit the floor by the time we were done (I'm very out of shape thanks to the office), but I'm kind of tempted to go back again... Isn't it funny how easily we forget the grueling process and only remember the rewards?




Some people we ran into while climbing up to the top of the waterfall.



Looking down... half way there!


We passed those hikers pretty fast because we have thighs of steel :)


Looking down.


Ground squirrel taking a sand bath.











We ended up splitting into two groups -- one that went even higher up, and one (including me) who decided we had enough exercise for the day. The next time I take on this hike, I think I'll build up my leg muscles on smaller hikes a few months beforehand :)



18 comments:

galla15 said...

WOW!! AMAZING Pictures. love the rainbow AND the squirrel is ADORABLE!

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Beautiful pics Jen! Thanks for sharing.

CalliopeCreations said...

Super Fantastic Pictures. What a beautiful area. You guys have thighs of steel. I have Thunder Thighs!

seaflowerstudios said...

Gorgous! I'm so jealous! It's been too long since I've been on a good hiking/camping trip. This summer I hope to make it out a couple times!

Bumblebee and Sophie said...

Wow Jen, to live close enough to a spot like that, you are soooo lucky! We just got back from a trip to Vancouver, BC...so beautiful. I should post about that...

nangatesdesigns said...

Wow! What absolutely beautiful pictures!! I would love to take a hike like that but I'm not sure my body could handle it. Thank you for sharing!

Susie Tenzer said...

Fantastic photos, love the one w/the rainbow! Gotta go there.

Christina Lucas said...

I've never been to that part of the country. I sure would love to! Your pics are so beautiful!!!

Crystal Eldoradosoap said...

Love that ground squirrel! beautiful photos!
One of my favorite places!

magdamagda said...

Oh that's so beautiful! I miss hiking but then I don't know if I could climb mountains again after having become so sedentary!:(

Jill Q said...

Such gorgeous photos! Yosemite is one of my favorite National Parks. It's definitely a must-see.

Crimson Hill Soaps and Scents said...

Breathtaking photos! Always wanted to do there, now I am even more motivated. Thanks for sharing those great photos!

Toddle Tags said...

Photos are amazing!

New Hampshire Gardener said...

Very impressive and beautiful, Im sure you will always remember this trip.

Katie - ToyStoryNutty said...

WOW! Those are AMAZING photos! I love the ones by the waterfall where the rainbows are...fantastic!

Symbolic Imports said...

There is nothing more serene than nature. I love your pics! You have inspired me to want to travel more.

IsabellesAttic said...

beautiful pics, what a great hike! thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Prodigy Crafts said...

This is so gorgeous!!! I would love to go there!!! Love hiking!)