July 13, 2011

Beach Comber

This weekend, a friend and I made a trip down to Santa Cruz for some leisurely beach hiking. Although Santa Cruz is famous for its beach boardwalk, there are lots of small, hidden beaches along the coastline, frequented by locals. I always find one that I haven't been to, and this is one of them :) There was even a set of abandoned railroad tracks that we walked down for awhile. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture!







Now that I'm in a beachy mood, here are more mood-inspirers.


I dream of far away places by PhotographyByAnita

Nautical Soap or Lotion Dispenser by MidwestFinds
If you already have a favorite mason jar, you can make your own, following the tutorial from a previous Sunday Linky Party.


Nautical Dog Feeder by baconsquarefarm
For your beachy pooch.

1940s - Vintage California Map by StoriesDivinations
Visit me! :)

Sunset Watch by aldari


Outdoor Rustic Wedding Lanterns by braggingbags

Full Moon Bonfire Boy by MaiMaiLove
Bonfire. It's been a long long time since I've been to one, which means this is on my to-do list again.



19 comments:

Christine @ craftygeordi.blogspot.com said...

Were you north of Santa Cruz? Sounds like you were describing Panther beach or something close to it. My favorite beach is south, at Rio Del Mar in Aptos. Free parking and miles of beach to walk on. I've seen whales and dolphins there and there is the old cement boat to see..... Now I am in the mood to head over the hill, lol!

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Beautiful beach! Your pictures are amazing!

nangatesdesigns said...

What a beautiful beach!!

Susie Tenzer said...

georgeous photos!

CalliopeCreations said...

What a wonderful way to start the day. Thank you for sharing your fantastic photos.

MeLi said...

Gorgeous pics!, makes me yearn for sand between my toes again.... (it's been over a year since I moved to NC from Miami...and don't regret it...but I miss the ocean views...and the warm sand)

Glad you had a fab time! ^_^

XoX, Meli
http://domestiquette.blogspot.com/

Tabitha said...

LOVE these photos! Also, love the mason jar soap dispenser idea - plan to give it a try!!

The Royal Family 2 said...

gorgeous i wish I was there!

theroyalfamily
MadeJust4You
Brandy

bloomandbling said...

Beautiful! How I wish I was on the beach. And the items you picked are STUNNING!

Sandy said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe how empty the beach was. It looks so scenic. :) And that starfish hair barrette is just precious.

Linda B said...

Beautiful beach pics. Wish I were there.

cluttfring said...

very pretty pictures.....hope it wasnt too hot..

hoganshandiwork said...

Gorgeous! Gets me in a beachy mood too...

new creationz said...

Oh I just LOVE the beach - couldn't imagine living away from it. And this beach looks amazing! Great photos!

ElfRenee said...

Beautiful pictures and great finds!

just B you said...

I've gotta get over to Santa Cruz sometime soon!
Great pics, and great extras for the mood-inspirers. =)
~Kim

Jill Q said...

Completely enjoyed your photos, Jen! Forgot to photograph that set of abandoned railroad tracks?
You can always go back!!!

Meri said...

Beautiful collection- I especially love the map! I've been meaning to get to Santa Cruz and now I really want to visit :)

Lissie said...

Oh Wow for a beautiful beach!
And with nobody else there! That is fantastic! I am shure it was a great trip!