July 24, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #25 + Goodies

It's a sunny Sunday this week. Unfortunately, I read on the news that the heat wave has traveled to the East Coast. I can't imagine how it would feel being in 100 degree weather PLUS humidity. Regular NY summers are hot enough already, but good thing I moved this year. I'm excited because my husband is coming back to CA today! He'll be here for a month, which means we'll be doing something fun every weekend (I hope), ha! Weekends just don't feel long enough. I'm a big advocate for the 4-day work week :)

Onto this week's featured posts!

These shea butter sugar scrub cubes don't require too many ingredients and look so good! As yummy as they look, these would be much better scrubbed on your body :) Check out Soap Deli News for the recipe.

Make games more fun with personalized dice. Not only will you get exactly what you want, you'll have the most unique-looking dice too. Not sure how balanced the dice will be, but I guess that'll be a mark of your craftsmanship :) Find the tutorial at The 36th Avenue.

I like making tote bags because they're the simplest (while also the most useful) things I have the patience to sew together in one setting (meaning I will generally only attempt things that can be done in one setting :) Here's a pretty bag by The Crafty Cpa.

We've seen these nautical headbands everywhere, and now we can make our own, thanks to Stars & Sunshine. Thanks!

If you prefer flowers over knots on your head, Me & My Boys has the perfect flower headband tutorial.

This is a pretty neat tutorial for a framed paper art. I really like how it turned out, despite The Crafty Scientist's concern over how it would look at the end. Good job!

Another amazing (but surprisingly simple) piece of paper art by A Step in the Journey. If you're feeling ambitious, you can piece together the whole atlas!

Did I feature too many projects this week? Oh well! These chalk clothespins are just a great idea. Get it at Life in the Thrifty Lane.

Mmm... I can imagine smelling these soft pretzel rolls coming straight out of the oven. Lady Behind the Curtain not only provides a recipe/tutorial, but also ideas for all the things you can use these for, like pizza, sandwiches, etc. She also has a recipe for roasted pork tenderloin.

Find out why Hungry Homebody calls this a "sinful" cherry cobbler, aside from it looking delicious, of course.

These cute little sand crab decorations add a fun touch of summer to your desserts. Learn how to make it at The Seven Year Cottage.


More Recipes:



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



15 comments:

Desiree @ The 36th Avenue said...

Jen,

Thank you so much for the feature what a GREAT surprise after a really LONG day.

...♥

Cooking with K said...

Enjoy your linky so much...I know it is a lot of hard work....great job! Thank you for the mention...see you next week.

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Thanks for hosting Jen and for featuring the chalk clothespins I made :)

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Thank you for hosting!

Christine @ craftygeordi.blogspot.com said...

I was in NYC and the Hamptons a few years ago during a heat wave, 100 degrees plus the humidity. Ya, no fun!! Thanks for hosting the party :)

{nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Jen! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa

clutterhome said...

Ohh pretzel rolls sound AMAZING! Thanks for sharing these links, and thanks for hosting!

Rebecca (Soap Deli News Blog) said...

Thanks for the feature! Great project features!

Cami said...

I love the little crab...too cute :)

Happy Sunday!!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life Life

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thanks for another great party and for the feature!

Honey at 2805 said...

Hi Jen! I just became a friend and follower and linked up a painting I did. Thanks for hosting!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Thank you very much for featuring my sand crabs!

Jamie said...

Thanks for hostessing! I enjoy your party every week! :)

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

Thank you so much for featuring my papercut art and for your kind words about it! I'm crazy-flattered! : )

thehungryhomebody said...

hi Jen! Thanks for featuring my Sinful Cherry Cobbler. I've "redeemed" myself this week by not posting a dessert for a change :D

Hope you are staying cool under this heat dome.

Julianna