August 30, 2011

Reconstruct Your Old Clothing (part 2)

In continuation of last week's Part 1 involving reconstructing shirts and such, Part 2 focuses on sweaters. Some of these projects I found are so cool, I'm kind of tempted to scour Goodwill and other second-hand stores for high quality fibered sweaters, but that would defeat the purpose of me purging my closet and getting rid of stuff. Sometimes, the internet is not good for me.

Alpaca Wool Sweater Handbag, via The Inadvertent Farmer

Sweater Produce Pillows, via Fun in the Making

Cashmere Bunny via Betz White

Yeah, Etsy actually has tutorials!
Quick Mittens, via Etsy

How to Recycle a Sweater into a Chair Cover, via CraftStylish

Felted Knitting Basket, via Martha Stewart
If I had a sweater this nice, I'd probably wear it, or make it into a smaller sweater for a toddler!

Stuffed Pig, via Martha Stewart

Sweater Pillow, via Transient Expression

How to Sew a Ruffled Scarf, via Craftzine.com

Wool Felt Sweater Slipper Sock, via Instructables

Beverage Sleeve and Coaster, via 10th Muse Studios

Gremlin Softie, via 5 Orange Potatoes

Plastered Jars, via Daily Danny
Can you believe these are made of sweaters?

Spring Cleaning Dust Mitt, via We Wilsons
This mitt is so awesome!!

See what I mean about the temptation to buy more sweaters just to make these? But I must resist and make do with my non-100%-natural fiber sweaters. Do you have any other ideas?



13 comments:

Linda B said...

I love the idea of upcycling. The items you chose are adorable.

Bella the Bead said...

Reuse, Recycle, Reduce...with style!!! I love your upcycling ideas!

Susie Tenzer said...

I loved your post today!! I'm going, right now, to see how to make that ruffled scarf!

Tabitha said...

This definitely makes me want to go buy some old sweaters!! Love the handbag:)

Crystal said...

great ideas!

Crystal Eldoradosoap said...

These are really great ideas! Thanks for posting!

nangatesdesigns said...

Love all these ideas - that little stuffed pig is so cute!

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Love all the neat recycling ideas.

ElfRenee said...

Oh wow, these are so awesome!!

* said...

uniquecozytreasures- love the sweater stuff, especially the pig.

Kathleen said...

Neat ideas!

Katie - ToyStoryNutty said...

I love all the upcycling ideas! Thanks you for sharing...there are some there I've never thought of!

magdamagda said...

Items with a heart! The first bag stole mine..;)