August 21, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #29 + Goodies

Here's to another happy Sunday! :) Hope you're all having a good weekend (although that's not always possible). But we try to make the best of everything because that's what we crafty people are good at, right? Check out this week's gallery of great projects and recipes!

This is a tutorial for all of the above! Yep, pretty cool huh? I love how cute and useful these vintage-inspired boxes look. Learn how to make some yourself at The 36th Avenue.

If you have kids, this will be so awesome! :) Keep it safe and relatively clean by making your own play dough using very few ingredients. Check it out at Running with Glitter.

If you're feeling particularly ambitious, why not build your children a play kitchen? C'mon, you can do it! I mean, Jellyfish Jelly did :) It can't be that hard, right?

This is for a DIY eye chart in which you can have it say any message you want! It's a pretty cool wall art tool that From Gardners to Bergers has discovered and is sharing with us. Also check out her old-timey, vintage-looking subway art project.

Do you see how gorgeous this painted dresser is? It looks like it could have come out of Anthropologie or some other unique home decor store. I Can't Stop Crafting gives you the step-by-step instructions for how to get your little crafty hands started on something like this.

Make this tres trendy painted chain necklace to brighten up your next outfit. It's Mason's Roost's way of getting the sold-out necklace she wanted, and it's a great idea!


More goodies:

Make cooking a little easier by infusing your salt and sugar with lavender. These would make amazing gifts as well and you have so much more control over its flavor than buying them from a store. Find it at Nifty Thrifty Things.

How yummy does this "jook," or rice porridge, look? Thanks to The Silly Pearl for posting a recipe! I also enjoy eating these but try to avoid the possibly msg-laden ones from the restaurants.

Wow, does that fruit and walnut pork loin look perfectly cooked or what? I can never get pork right, it always comes out too dry and hard. Good thing the Lady Behind the Curtain is proof that a regular person can make good pork too (unless she's actually a professional, in which case my hopes will decrease a little). Check out her caramel-nut bars too!

Make these gingersnap lemon layer desserts for your next party and I will be the first guest to arrive :) Learn how to make it at Pressed Down, Shaken Together.

Get cheesecake on-the-go with these chocolate cheesecake bars! Not that you should eat and walk at the same time, just saying. Make these yummy bars from Jam Hands, as well as some cheesy garlic sticks.


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



13 comments:

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Thanks for hosting Jen!

Steph said...

Thanks for featuring my jook! :o)
Wow I never thought to paint chain. That is awesome!

Becca said...

Hey Jen, Thanks so much for featuring my easy eye chart project! You're the best! That play dough looks good enough to eat.

Alyssa said...

Thank you so much for the feature! I look forward to this week's party.

Alyssa
SweetSewnStitches.com

Cooking with K said...

thank you for the mention. Enjoying your linking...see you next week.

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Jen, thanks for hosting each week!

Ali said...

Thank you so much for featuring my cheesecake bars :D Thank you for hosting and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Rebecca (Soap Deli News Blog) said...

Thanks again for hosting every week. I always find the best projects on your blog!

ConnieLou said...

Thanks for hosting a party...great blog!

Desiree @ The 36th Avenue said...

Two Words for You : LOVE YOU!

Thank You so much!

I'll be shouting OUT my exciment on my FB page ;)

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Hi Jen,
Very cute blog...Just wanted to introduce my self! First time linking up and new follower. Hope you can stop by FFL :)
Lina

{nifty thrifty things} said...

I know I'm a little late to the party.. But what a great surprise!! :)
Thank you so much for featuring my lavender salt and sugar!!
xoxo,
Vanessa

lovecrafts said...

Great blog! i love it, thanks for sharing.