October 16, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #34 + Goodies

Hi all! Welcome back to the Sunday Linky Party! I was gone for a couple of weeks for vacation (which you can check out here) and it's time to settle back into everyday life :) I really wish I could take vacations any time and for any length of time, but maybe I'm asking for too much.

Here are the features from the last Linky Party. It's so nice to look through everyone's submissions again :) routine is sometimes comforting. There are some great projects and recipes, as usual, and I can't wait to see all of your new stuff! I think I'm featuring a few more projects than usual this week.

Can I say that this is an amazing handbag + tutorial? It's not often you find a complete tutorial for a somewhat detailed and complicated purse like this, which is why I MUST share it with you. Check it out at R.Kay Design!

This is such a great way to make custom-decorated wrapping paper, stationary, etc. Plus, potatoes aren't too hard to find (nor are they too expensive :) Great idea Jellyfish Jelly!

Photobucket
This is a dream clock for some little boy out there and you can redesign any clock to your heart's desire by following Naptime Creation's tutorial.

Here's a great example of an amazing upcycling effort by Cotton Pickin Cute! This cupcake-holding centerpiece is made from an old, unwanted candelabra. You should see what it originally looked like!

Dice games are so fun, so why not make our own personalized dice? I'm going to make one with chores on it :) But if you're looking for something more appealing to young children, check out Sweeter Than Sweets' tutorial.

For those of you working on the creative side and need unique business cards to match your unique self, what do you think of Sew Gloried's idea? I think these cards are sooo cute.

Now then, because Halloween's coming up and we need some time to prepare, here are a few holiday-appropriate features. This Halloween banner by Alderberry Hill is gorgeous! It looks way better than the stuff I find in stores. Also check out her Halloween sign post tutorial.

Recycle old magazines and make pumpkin decorations that'll last all fall with this post from Artsy VaVa. These look very chic :)

Another festive banner that's simpler to make and can be applied to any special occasion! Check it out at Pressed Down, Shaken Together.

Check out a couple more ideas:

This wreath is perfect for fall and I love that the bird is making it its nest :) Find how to make one yourself at The 36th Avenue.

More wreaths:

OMG, *DROOL* This apple cake looks soooooo good, and Life in the Thrifty Lane says it's deliciously easy? Even better.

This caramel banana cake roll is BEAUTIFUL! It looks so pretty, I can stare at it all day. But if it really were in front of me, it wouldn't last 5 minutes. Learn how to make it at Lady Behind the Curtain. Also check out her kung pao chicken recipe.

Perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving. Try making these pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies, from Julie's Eats and Treats. I love snickerdoodles so I'm definitely giving this a try :)

More recipes:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



18 comments:

odetoinspiration said...

Welcome back! Thanks for the shout out for my wreath!! And thanks for another linky party:D

Kelli @ The Turquoise Piano said...

Welcome home! Thanks for hosting the party!

Keri @ pressed down, shaken together said...

Welcome back! And thanks for featuring my tag banner & vanilla french toast :)

keri

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Welcome back!
Thank you for the party, as always. Thank you for the feature too!

Artsy VaVa said...

Thanks for featuring my book page covered pumpkins! Thanks, too, for hosting the party!

OnePerfectDay said...

Such beautiful, inspiring projects!!
I love them all!

{nifty thrifty things} said...

Welcome back, Jen! You were missed! :)
Thank you for hosting again!
Hugs,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Desiree @ The 36th Avenue said...

Jen,

It is good to have you back... we miss you girl! Thank you for the feature too!

...♥

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Welcome back Jen! Thanks for featuring my apple cake, you have to try it!

Kahli said...

Thanks for hosting!

Reba said...

Thanks for the feature!

Rachelle Ball said...

I just found your site! Love it. I am a new follower. I hope you have a moment to check out my site for DIY, crafts etc. Thanks for hosting!

http://dazedtoamaze.blogspot.com/

adventuresindinner said...

I am thrilled that I just found your gorgeous blog. Lots of happy reading ahead.

Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets said...

Thanks for featuring my Emotional Animals and for hosting again this week!

Shauna Nosler said...

What a gret idea - the chores on dice! I love it! Stopping in to follow and say hey from the blog hop - hope you have time to visit and return the favor soon! www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com

corabeth said...

Love all these ideas!


New Follower from Meet Me Monday Blog Hop. Hoping you will follow back! =0)
My Crazy Life

TSWL said...

wow! these are all great finds. thanks for sharing, Jen! and i hope you had a fab vacation!


have a lovely weekend...



^^)Lelanie

Reba said...

Hey Jen, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm giving away the Uptown Molly handbag you featured here. The give-awsy is at http://www.rkaydesign.com/2011/10/uptown-molly-give-away.html and will run through Sunday. Thanks again for the feature, I've had a lot of visitors to my site because of it. ~Reba