Thanksgiving is almost here, so in the spirit of this holiday, I'm going to make a list of the things I'm thankful for:
- My husband, who is such a good fit for me that I can't imagine there being anyone else with just the right temperament, humor, ambition, confidence, compassion, patience, intelligence, etc, etc that somehow works so well with my combination of traits.
- My parents, who always have the best intentions and are a treasure trove of knowledge-- if only I had realized it earlier!
- My job, which is sometimes stressful but generally interesting. It's pretty fun, especially when it gets busy.
- My parents-in-law. They're really funny, they just don't realize it.
- My bed, which is extremely cozy, now that I've put out the flannel sheets. I wish I could sleep in it for 10 hours a day.
- The fact that all my basic needs are met so that I can enjoy the extra perks in life, like my bed, eating and/or cooking what I like, having more than enough clothing to wear, the ability to partake in most physical activities, and seeing the people I enjoy seeing.
This list isn't complete, but I can get really specific and it will go on for much longer than your attention will hold. So, I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving, whether you're celebrating with family or friends (or both). If you're away from your loved ones, I hope you have the opportunity to do something you really enjoy. Cheers!