November 30, 2011

I Cooked This Year



I baked the turkey this year in my in-laws' home and my parents also came! Thought I'd make it easy for both pairs of parents by taking on the majority of the cooking :)



Chopped up some vegetables to spread around the turkey. Instead of traditional stuffing, which I'm not a huge fan of, I just stuffed the turkey with more veggies. They turned out nice and soft and flavorful. Last year I undercooked the veggies but this time I got it right.




We did not have a large enough bowl for the salad so I made do with an aluminum roaster thing. It was just lying around in the kitchen. I don't remember buying it. Where did it come from?? There are yellow and orange bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions hiding under all the leaves! Oh, and since we didn't have stuffing, we had garlic bread instead.



Yay, bacon wrapped asparagus! Fail-proof recipe :) There's no way it could not taste good.



My mom made this sweet potato and apple dish with toasted marshmallows on top. It was delicious! We also had a peach and pear pie, which I didn't get a picture of...



Ta-da! The turkey, in all its glory. I buttered that thing so much it would make Paula Deen proud. The breast was a little dry, but that's okay, we had lots of gravy. My mom also brought little piroshkis (that look like cubed breads), which her co-worker taught her how to make. We'll need a bigger table next year because we couldn't fit all the dishes on this one.



11 comments:

Kandy Disenos said...

looks delicious! and great pictures by the way!

have a great day!

Susie Tenzer said...

great photos! do you like to follow food blogs? Try foodgawker - great photos there.

Tabitha said...

Mmmm... This is making me so hungry - I think it's time for breakfast soon! Everything looks delicious - can I come to your house next year??
P.S. I am also a huge fan of foodgawker.com:)

theMayflower said...

wow, invite me over! bacon wrapped asparagus?! yummy! bacon wrapped anything is my favorite dish. haha. wonderful post and fantastic photos!

adventuresindinner said...

Awesome job!

Inessa said...

How delish! It so not right ... I am hungry now! Going to eat...lol

Mt. Baldy Glassworks said...

Set a place for me next year! You did an awesome job!

PaintedMemoriesByRosella said...

Mmmmm! Everything looks delicious!

Over The Moon Gifts said...

yum, looks great! and your pics are awesome!

Linda B said...

Great job. Do ya think you had enough food? hehehe

evey said...

yummy town. now I want to eat (and cook) thanksgiving all over again!