December 4, 2011

Sunday Linky Party #41 + Goodies

Only 3 more weeks until Christmas! Plenty of time to prepare decorations, menus, gifts, etc etc. I will be spending the holidays with the husband (I'm in CA, he's in NY) so we're very excited about that. For those who didn't know, we both lived in NY for a few years while he's in med school and I got my master degree. Now I'm working in CA, where we're both from, but he's still in his last year of med school. Next year he'll be in residency and we really don't know where that would be, but hopefully it'll be in CA. It's pretty hard not having him around all the time, but we're both working really hard for an amazing life together, which should begin in June of next year :) Well, begin again, I guess.

Anyway, on to this week's features!

Learn how to make gorgeously fresh and natural looking wreaths for this holiday season with Nifty Thrifty Things. The one above is made by her mom! I like both, but this cute bow and heart with the reindeer on it really does it for me :)

Speaking of wreaths, for a super simple one making use of old ornaments that you don't care to put on trees anymore, get some inspiration from Suburbia Momma!

Decorate your windows and stairs with this cute and festive snowflake banner. I just love how delicate and clean this design looks! Check it out at Space 46.

If you live in a small space and don't usually put up a tree for Christmas, you can still get in the spirit with a simple burlap tree decor like this one. It's earthy, cozy, and lasts for years :) Find it at Artsy VaVa.

If you really want to get involved with your decorations, you can go the Lisa's Craft Blog's route and literally create your own beautifully colored ornaments from clear glass stock ones. She made the ornament above, as well as more in other colors. These would make amazing and very personal gifts for loved ones too.

These super cute and rockin' gloves would make such great stocking stuffers! And the gloves are only $1 a pair! I almost wish I had teenagers to give these too ^_^ but I guess I can make them for myself too. Check it out at Crafting Rebellion.

These gingerbread houses (made from scratch), are sooo cute! And I love that they're not from a box, because to me, creating gingerbread houses together is an intimate family activity, where everyone's efforts add character to the final product :) What do you think? Get this recipe at Organized Living Solutions.

This braided cardamon egg bread looks sooooo good! I love challah, which is also a braided egg bread, so this looks equally appealing to me! I can't wait to make this for my hubby ^_^. Thanks SquareCircle Works.

Mmmm... hot pepper jelly is so good, I got some once from an Etsy seller because of a desperate craving. Revamp has successfully tested two recipes and added her own tips (based on her experience) so that we can all make some great jelly!

Make Christmas morning (or any morning) special with these mini chocolate peppermint pancakes. They're even more fun stacked with a stick through them, just like in the picture! Find this recipe at Inspired By Family.


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



8 comments:

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

This is my first time here. Thanks for hosting the linky party!

Artsy VaVa said...

Thank you so much for featuring my burlap Christmas trees! Thanks, too, for hosting the party.

Jutta said...

Thanks so much for featuring my gingerbread house. It was indeed a fun family (well, my daughter and me) affair :-). I love your blog, it is so beautifully done, stylish and full of wonderful ideas!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thank you for the shout-out!! And thank you for hosting!!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Meg said...

Thanks so much for hosting and for featuring my hot pepper jelly! You rock!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for hosting and for a double feature!! :D Yaay!
Enjoy your time with the hubby! :)
Hugs from overseas!
Vanessa

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Thanks as always for hosting a great party! And for showing off my recipe :) Thank you thank you!