February 26, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #52 + Goodies

Can I say, wow, there were soooo many amazing recipes last week? Once again, it was super tough picking which ones to feature... just excruciating! Please check them out and the ones listed in the "more recipes" section too. Have a great Sunday! :)

Dress up your hair with embellished bobby pins by The Life of a Cheap Chickadee! The above photo is just a sample of all the cute decorative ideas so click the link for more. I imagine children, adults, and possibly your best friend will love a "hard" day's work of making the most unique hair accessories ever :)

Do you need a new pin cushion but don't want to sew one? Well, in the case of this ironic situation, you can make a no sew felt American flag pin cushion by Twigg Studios! Or you can just use this tutorial to make a cute ruffly American flag mini-pillow. Equally good :)

Getting tired of the color/design on your old shoes and want something glittery? Try this tutorial at The Kurtz Corner and get started on the path to shiny footwear! You can even go with red glitter and feel like Dorothy.

These sand etched glass coasters would make beautiful home-warming gifts AND they go with pretty much any type/color of table, which is very versatile! Check it out at Moments with the Montano's

There are lots of chalk projects out there because it's such a useful and good idea. So how about making a good old portable chalkboard, kind of like the ones you see in cute quirky restaurants? Head over to Artsy VaVa to learn how to make just that, frame included.

Talk about a loaded muffin! Try this carrot, currant, and coconut muffin with cream cheese frosting. Yum, it sounds so good and like a healthy breakfast treat. Get the recipe at Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart

Want to indulge in some good old chai any time you want without having to drive to your local coffee/tea shop? Then you'll want to make this chai concentrate by Nifty Thrifty Things and store it in the fridge. The great thing is, you really get to control what's in your chai, so no surprise ingredients!

Ever since I read about the history of bouillabaisse in a book called Bottom Feeder by Taras Grescoe,  I've kind of been obsessed with it... and I've always been obsessed with seafood, so it wasn't really a surprise :) Try this recipe by Adventures in Dinner.

Yum! This looks like a complete, hearty dinner. You got your meat, veggies, and fruit in one dish. Wow! Make this pork loin roast, sweet potatoes, and fried apples this week by following the recipe at A Pinch of Joy.

We've seen sooo many pictures of cute little macaroons like these all over the internet, but sometimes they're hard to find, depending on where you are, so it's great that Organized Living Solutions is sharing this recipe with us!


If you haven't already seen a list like this, it's time to learn about the dirty dozen grocery items. It's a helpful starting point for choosing healthier veggies and fruits at the grocery store. This list is shared by Mom on Timeout and originally found at EWG. Try her chicken cordon bleu and slow cooker sloppy joes, too.

More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



9 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

Thank you so much for featuring my chalkboard! And, thanks, for hosting the party!

Jutta said...

I am sitting here on this lovely Sunday morning with my cup of coffee checking out my favorite blogs and there are my macaroons :-).
thanks so much!
wish you a wonderful Sunday too.
love
jutta

Winnie said...

Hi Jem
I'm sharing today my "Fish-shape Sweet Chalah" and my "Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Mousse"
Thanks you for hosting this party, and hope you're having a wonderful weekend
Winnie

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

Thanks for hosting, Jen.
Cheers!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Thank you for including my owl pops!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for featuring my homemade chai, Jen! :)
I hope you're having a fun Sunday!
xoxo,
Vanessa

PS: Have you received the email I sent you a little while ago? :)

{Adventuresindinner} said...

So glad you liked my boulaibaise! I hope that you like Thai this week :0)

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Thanks so much for featuring my pork chops with sweet potatoes and fried apples. Have a great week!

Steph @ The Silly Pearl said...

I'm always forgetting "The Dirty Dozen" so that printable will be super useful for me.
Thanks for hosting, Jen!