March 13, 2012

Inspiring Masterpieces Made From Books


I came across these gorgeous works of art through an intro to Guy Laramee from the Abduzeedo website. Aren't they seriously awe-inspiring? I'm intrigued enough to try my own hand at this, but it may be a disaster :) Check out more beautiful landscapes created from old books, below!







To see more, check out the gallery at Abduzeedo. To learn about Guy Laramee and see his other projects, go to his home page. This book-carving project is called "The Great Wall."



11 comments:

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

What an interesting piece of art!!

Aulani Photography and BH Giveaways said...

These are amazing! I really love the cave.

BillGuestPhoto said...

WOW! i had to do a double take! how amazing i bet that takes a lot of time and skill!

Mt. Baldy Glassworks said...

Wow, while these are amazing, and they are, they brought tears to my eyes. I have been an avid reader since the age of about 8 and I still enjoy reading to this day. Somehow, seeing books defaced hurt my heart a little. Probably it was the beauty of the art, coupled with the media that really touched my art. That makes it art!

petite hermine said...

Mt. Baldy, I know how you feel. I also feel terrible defacing books, especially old ones, which is why if I ever make something like this, I'd make sure there are many copies of it first!

magdamagda said...

Amazing and intriguing! mixed feelings though... but it did make me smile!

Michelle said...

Breathtaking!

Lori Bergmann said...

Wowzers, those are AMAZING!! Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful talent!

CalliopeCreations said...

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Some people are so inventive and creative and can actually execute what they envision.

Deb said...

Unique Cozy Treasures- I seen the guy on TV the other day, who does these scupltures with old books. Pretty cool!

Julie said...

Cool!
I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-your-stuff-15.html