March 4, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #53 + Goodies

I've been wanting to raise some chickens, so this weekend, I've been doing some research on how to build a chicken coop. The many coop kits out there are a little out of my price range, plus, as a crafty person, I really should build it myself! Anyway, I should really do more research. Anyone else have experience raising chickens and have some good advice?

Anyway, check out this week's gallery!

Isn't this pleated pillow pretty amazing? It looks like something you'd find in Antropologie or some other quirky store. The great thing is, this pattern and tutorial (which you usually have to pay for) is free to download from March 1-23! So get it now while it's free at Craft Buds!

I love the colorful stripes on this renovated desk. It's definitely unusual and eye-catching, in a good way! Head over to Little House in the Big D for the tutorial.

What's better than stickers? Making your own stickers! This would be a really fun activity with your kids, or even with yourself :) I used to collect stickers and would have loved to make my own. Want to learn how? Find out at Art Club Blog.

Have you seen all the super pretty lace-imprinted clay bowls around on Etsy and the internet? I have and boy did I want them. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy everything I want, so I'm thrilled that A Rosie Sweet Home has this tutorial on making your own!

You've probably seen plenty of lovely bag/tote tutorials around (*cough* such as in some of my previous linky parties :) but maybe you'd like to add an additional touch of poshness with leather-looking straps! Good thing Emmaline knows what we want and created this post.

Can you believe Easter's coming up soon? Time passes so fast. Well, Pajama Crafters are ahead of the game with this beautiful decorated flower egg. Head over there to get started on dressing your living room with season-appropriate decor!

I'm a little boggled by how all the scraps fit together to make such a beautiful composition, but I'm sure it'll make more sense once I try it myself. Head to Blue Bird Sews to learn how to make this rainbow sunshine pot holder.

Life tips:
Like potato chips but don't like all the grease and weird ingredients? Well, make your own simple potato chips at home, and all you need is a microwave! Really! Check it out at The Rickett Chronicles.

I like drinking healthy stuff (and sneak in an occasional cola...) so this green smoothie has caught my eye. It super green, which is interesting, and the ingredients are all good! Now I just need to make this to figure out how it tastes. Try it at Lady with the Red Rocker.

Need a crowd-pleaser that'll fill a big group of people? Try this Cuban flank steak with picadillo relish recipe and put it in some sandwich rolls. These look like cute little sliders that are popping up at so many restaurants :) Yum! Find it at Lady Behind the Curtain, and try her light Monte Cristo sandwiches.

More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage! 


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!




This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



13 comments:

Janelle @ Emmaline said...

You had so many amazing links last week! Great stuff, and I'm also doing that Sew Along with Craft Buds and I can't wait to see my finished pillow. Thank you for featuring my vinyl handbag strap tutorial!
Janelle

emmalinebags.blogspot.com

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

I don't have any experience with chickens but I wish you luck :) Thanks so much for hosting!

Becca said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for hosting this awesome party! Hope you doing well!
xo,Becca

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

Great week, Jen!
Thanks for hosting :)

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

You are so sweet to always give me a shout-out! So much love :)
Thank you for the party!

Zoe said...

My brother started raising chickens a few years ago and he built himself a chicken tractor. This works well for him because they have quite a bit of land. It might be something to look into.
Thanks for hosting!

Full Circle Creations said...

Great features. Thanks for hosting the party!

Holly

artclubblog said...

So nice of you to feature me. Thank you!!

Rose said...

It was such a wonderful surprise to be featured! Thank you. and for the great party each week.
Rose

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for hosting the party, Jen! :)
I don't have much experience raising chickens myself, but growing up I had a good friend whose parents kept them in their little yard (here in the city). They built a little fenced-off area and sealed the top with chicken wire, to keep the chickens from escaping.. They also had a little self-built clay hut where the chickens would go to sleep and lay their eggs. It was pretty neat. :)
I hope you're having a fun weekend!
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for hosting the party, Jen! :)
I don't have much experience raising chickens myself, but growing up I had a good friend whose parents kept them in their little yard (here in the city). They built a little fenced-off area and sealed the top with chicken wire, to keep the chickens from escaping.. They also had a little self-built clay hut where the chickens would go to sleep and lay their eggs. It was pretty neat. :)
I hope you're having a fun weekend!
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Samm Spangler said...

Wow! Thank you so much for the feature!! I worked really hard on that striped desk and Im so glad you like it!!!

Thanks again for hosting!

Samm
www.LittleHouseintheBigD.com

Jacki O. said...

My husband and I have been toying with the ideas of having chickens, and here's the coop/tutorial I found and just love: http://www.remodelaholic.com/2009/06/fly-the-coop/
Thank you so much for hosting! I’ve been following you with GFC, and I just love your blog! Please stop by and follow me, too: http://redheadedmommycan.blogspot.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/RobugCouture