April 29, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #61 + Goodies

Spring has been going on, the weather's getting better, and it's not too late to start planting your garden! I bought some air plants (succulents that don't need soil or very much water) several months ago. The people at the store said that they'll pretty much live forever, but mine aren't looking too green anymore... Guess I need more practice as a gardener. Anyway, I can't wait to plant my own vegetable garden one day so I won't have to depend on the grocery store so much :) Do any of you grow your own veggies?

Give these mixed wildflower seed bombs to friends and save some for yourself. What a surprise it will be when the flowers start blooming and your friends will finally know what they've planted! Check out this idea at Cookin' Up Good Times.

Dandelions are edible, although they're not exactly most people's veggie of choice when planning dinner. I wouldn't even know how to cook/prepare it if I were given a basketful of them. Good thing Patchwork Radicals has some tips to point us in the right direction. Check out her definition of radical homemaking as well.

How cute is that giant button? I can imagine a cat on the back of that chair, trying to swat at the dangling string. If you or someone you know loves sewing, this would make a super cute wall decor gift! Find it at Mitzi Made It.

Put your old teacups to use by turning them into teacup organizers. All you really need is some super glue and good imagination. Head over to Twigg Studios for this tutorial, as well as for brown paper and lace roses and pretty fabric bandaids.

Make your own chic bow clutch to perfectly match your dress! Now you won't have to look through every department store in town trying to find the perfect clutch in that unique color or fabric pattern :) Find it at Elm Street Life.

Recycle that knit shirt your hubby/bf never wears anymore into a cute lace-trimmed cardigan! Such a great idea and it doesn't look too hard, although I'll find out once I try it :) Check it out at Scout's Stitches.

Start dinner off with a vitamin A packed roast pumpkin soup, from Natasha In Oz. Mmmmm... it looks so yummy and we all need some vitamin A :)

Pass these key lime shortbread bites around the office or eat them at home. These bite sized pieces are perfect for snacking on. Just make sure you don't eat them all at once. Get the recipe at Shaken Together.

Make veggie-eating fun (especially for your kids) with recipes like this patriotic veggie pizza and many more ideas! It's a FREE(!) recipe book you can download from My Judy the Foodie. Check out her candy "sushi" recipe, too.

Snickerdoodles are such delicious cookies, so I must give this snickerdoodle bread a try! Get this recipe from Lady Behind the Curtain, and her spaghetti pie, too!


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!

This is a blog hop! get the code here to share



12 comments:

Winnie said...

Thank you Jen for hosting another party

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thanks for featuring my Snickerdoodle Bread! Today I am sharing my Huevos Rancheros and my Mexican Deviled Eggs. Just in time for Cinco De Mayo! Thanks for hosting! ---Sheryl---

HGK said...

Thank you for hosting Jen, and have a great weekend!

hetkabinet.blogspot.com

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thank you so much for the great party!

aimee said...

hi jen. thankyou so much for featuring my tea cup sewing organiser. i hope your having a great weekend xxxxxx

Melissa said...

Thanks for hosting! I hope you'll pass by my link party on Thursdays {still accepting links} soon.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Melissa said...

Thanks for hosting! I hope you'll pass by my link party on Thursdays {still accepting links} soon.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Jen! :)
I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Thank you for hosting! Going to check out the other links now :)

Jenn Gray said...

Thanks for hosting the party! Bythewayjenngray.blogspot.com

Janelle @ Emmaline said...

Hi! Thank you so much for featuring my Bow Clutch! Love this blog!
Janelle
emmalinebags.com

Vanessa said...

Thanks for featuring our Seed Bombs, from all of the Brady Girls!