May 6, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #62 + Goodies

Happy Sunday! Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, anyone spend the day/night partying? I actually didn't, but I watched the Avengers instead :) Anyway, next weekend is Mother's Day, so here's your chance to get some gift/recipe ideas if you're spending some time with her. I really like the bunting necklace tutorial below and I think I went on an unintentional small/portable dessert theme this week. Oh well!

Make this super cute fabric bunting necklace, and you don't even need to know how to sew! This necklace is seriously adorable. I want one so badly :) Good thing Twigg Studios made a tutorial. Check out her other amazing tutorials such as decoupage nails, birdcage business cards, silk flowers, and book/fabric cover.

Make a cute reusable calendar (without wasting all that paper every year!) using paint chips, a nice picture frame, and dry-erase markers. It's so simple and economical, try it at Sew Fantastic :)

So chalk paint is a type of paint that gives off a finish that can be vintage-y, is easy to work with, has a matte/chalky finish, and can be buffed. Instead of buying some, you can make your own with this tutorial from Nifty Thrifty Things and see how she gave an old nightstand this beautiful makeover!

For those of you who don't own Photoshop (very expensive) and don't use GIMP (which is an amazing free graphic program that's similar to Photoshop), there are a few free online image-manipulation websites. PicMonkey seems to be a good one and The Crafty Scientist has a tutorial on how to adjust your photos and add a watermark to them.

Here's a nice present your recent grad will appreciate: a dollar bill wallet! :) Or you can use 20s if you're feeling generous... maybe even a Benjamin. You can also stash even more money in it, if you want, because your grad wouldn't mind getting too much money... you know? Check it out at Crafty Journal.

Head over to Loving This Crazy Life for a collection of 10 easy crafts for kids. Just click on the "Via" link at the bottom of each photo to get to the tutorial. I think the plastic bead bowl craft in the above photo is such a great idea.

For a simple recipe translated from German (thanks to Organized Living Solutions), try these raspberry cupcakes! They're adorable with a dollop of cream cheese/white chocolate frosting and simple paper/string liners.

For a dense and super healthy breakfast that'll get you through the morning, how about these apple almond muffins? I think it's got enough fiber/vitamins in there to get you a thumbs up from your doctor. Try this at Jane's Adventures in Dinner.

Now, for a little indulgence, have a glazed donut muffin, courtesy of Talking Dollars and Cents. These are double-dipped in glaze, which sounds deliciously sweet :) To counter the sweetness, try her broccoli salad and no bake peanut butter balls.

For the easiest berry cobbler ever, with only 3 ingredients (4 if you count that vanilla ice cream scoop on top), get this recipe from The Kurtz Corner! So easy, a caveman can do it without the help of a cavewoman :) maybe.

More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!

This is a blog hop! get the code here to share




14 comments:

Jutta said...

Hello dear Jen
thanks so much for featuring my cupcakes!!!
Hugs to you, have a lovely Sunday
Jutta

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you SO much for featuring my nightstand makeover and for hosting the party, Jen! :D
Hugs!
Vanessa

aimee said...

hi jen, thankyou so much for featuring my necklace. i hope your having a great weekend. i have linked up again this week, with a few things and my stationery series thanks for hosting xxxxx

Recipes We Love said...

Thank you for sharing our BBQ Spuds on your post!!! We really appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Amber and Ann Kelly

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Jen, thanks for hosting!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thank you so much for the party and for the shout-out!

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Thanks so much for the party Jen! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

cynthia said...

Thanks for hosting! Some good stuff to check out. :)

Connie said...

Hi Jen, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GFC friend. I would love it if you stop by and be mine, too.
I joined the link party, and put the party link under my post. Thank you for having me. I hope you have a great week!

Swedie said...

Thanks for featuring my dollar bill wallet! If you look carefully in the opening, you will see my grad is getting extra $$ inside! Thanks for hosting!

Noreen
http://craftyjournal.com

EARTH2BODY said...

Thanks for hosting! Just found you from the Taylor House. We'd love to swap buttons!

earth2body sisters
www.earth2body.net

luvGodncountry said...

Thank you so much for hosting! I have had your button posted on my Link Party Page for a while now. Hope you stop by sometime! Have a great week.
http://fireplacedecorating.blogspot.com/

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

Thank you SOOOO much for the feature! I'm so excited to see Max's little face up there - so cute and totally made my day! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Jane Craske said...

Oh! Thanks so much for the feature. Just what I needed. Hope you like my massive blog redesign this week and a Canadian favourite-poutine C: