July 1, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #68 + Goodies

Hi all, it'll be 4th of July (aka Independence Day) this Wed! Ready for watermelon and fireworks? I'm actually working that day so I'll be cruising on the highway with no traffic (my favorite part of working on holidays, especially since my commutes generally suck) Also, I'll be the only one in the office so that means I get to blast my music! My husband doesn't get the day off (being a resident and all), so I figured I may as well work, too.

Anyway, check out this week's fun and (some) festive projects and recipes! :)

Are you getting hypnotized by this picture yet? Apparently, this 4th of July pinwheel works, because this photo proves it, so find the tutorial with the printable pattern at Nifty Thrifty Things! Check out her diy fabric garland, too.

Make your summer nights pretty with these super adorable parasol party lights by Jellyfish Jelly! I looooove how pretty these lights look. Amazing idea!

How about framing these forest creatures wall art and hanging them on your living room wall? I love these four pieces, they look great together! Head over to Organized Living Solutions for the tutorial.

If this quote speaks to you, download the pattern from Stars & Sunshine and make your own embroidery hoop! Check out her flower thumb tacks including creating your own flower cabochons as well.

Focus your eyes on the jute mat under the beautiful flowers :) You too, can make a lovely mat like that for your coffee table! Just head over to Twigg Studios for the tutorial. If you like the other stuff on the mat, check out these tutorials: tin can flower arrangementapothecary labels tutorial and printable, and French freezer paper stencil pillow (okay, this one's not on the mat).

Host the most awesome, relaxing, and fun event in your neighborhood with this outdoor movie party idea from Inspired by Family Magazine! This layout in the photo looks soooo nice and cozy!

Download and print everything in this picture with free 4th of July party printables from Printabelle! The photo above was taken from the Moms and Munchkins blog using Printabelle's printables :) If you need a few labels/decorations for your party this Wed, here's the perfect source!

What do you do when you have more fresh cherries than you can eat? Make more food out of them! Like these cherry fritters, by Mom on Timeout. Also try her cherry smoothie and perfect biscuits.

Add this fresh summer salsa to your menu on July 4th! Looking at the ingredients, this sounds like one really good salsa, so check it out at A Rosie Sweet Home.

If you really like cream cheese, how about making cheesecake burritos? Throw on some delicious fruit toppings and you're ready to go! Get this recipe at Dishing with Leslie. Try her baked sweet and sour chicken with fried rice, too.


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!

This is a blog hop! get the code here to share

8 comments:

Britni@Hubby Made Me said...

Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Natasha in Oz said...

Many thanks for having me again this week. I hope your 4th is fabulous!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

aimee said...

Thankyou so much for featuring my mat. i hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. i always look forward to link up at your party on sundays xxxxx

Jutta said...

Hello dear Jen
thanks so much for featuring my maps!
Love your blog and your party!!!
have a great weekend
Jutta
xxx

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thank you so much for the party! Happy weekend!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Jen, thank you SO much for featuring my 4th of july pinwheel! :D
Thanks for hosting another fun party. I don't have anything to link up today, but I'm off to check out some links.
Happy Sunday!
xo! Vanessa

6ea44796-1b89-11e1-ab85-000bcdca4d7a said...

I LOVE the outdoor movie party idea - thanks for sharing that!
Kat E.
@kitti_katya

gingerentertainment said...

Artful Vision is seeking new artists - made in US. www.artfulvision.com