July 29, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #72 + Goodies

Hi all! Did anyone see the opening ceremony to the Olympics in London this Friday? It was pretty exciting, and I liked their reference to their industrial past (especially the floating "molton iron" rings). The James Bond bit with the Queen was pretty cool. The Mary Poppins reference was cute! And of course, England didn't let us forget all of the contributions their artists made to music (but I don't know... the US might have a stronger hold on that one ;) Please don't hold it against me for saying that!

Btw, can you believe what happened at the 400m swim race?!?!?!?!?!?! I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen/read it, but it's Michael Phelps vs his teammate Ryan Lochte vs the other countries. It's crazy!!!!

Anyway, now for our features!

This will take you a step back to nostalgia, when you probably made little paper boats and set them loose on a pond (or pool or bathtub). Well, with pretty paper and some nice string/twine/yarn, you can have a playful and whimsical origami boat garland! Check this out at Meeha Meeha.

Making masterpieces on pillows can be so easy, even a kid can do it, thanks to this tutorial from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun for the kids and adults to let their inner Monets out and make a mess (hopefully over a canvas) at the same time! :) Your watercolor fabric pillows will be the new favorite decor on the couches.

If you ever need to make beautiful realistic-looking flowers out of paper or fabric, you need to go to Twigg Studios, which has the best collection I've ever seen. This tutorial is for naturally dyed tissue paper flowers (yes, it comes with dying instructions, too). You'll also want to check out her dyed scrap fabric flower brooch, paper succulents, and paper clay barnacles.

The Crafter's Apprentice went to a jewelry workshop and shares four types of mixed media for jewelry-making! If you want to learn more about other ways to make jewelry (besides beads and regular metal pendants), check out her post!

Do you like these cupcake liners and toppers? If you do, you're in luck because you can download them for free at Small Fine Print and use them on your own cupcakes! If you prefer something more summery, check out her summer cupcake liners and toppers (with watermelon and picnic tablecloth patterns)!

If you have a vintage camera that you can't or won't fix, you can always make it into a cool piggy bank :) Dear Wallet (who I assume does not want your wallet weighed down with coins), has the tutorial for how to make this vintage camera "piggy" bank!

This aptly named endless options crescent wreath means you can make a beautiful dinner with any filling you want! You can probably even make a dessert wreath (maybe with apples? Although don't take my word on that!) Check it out at What Amber Loves.

For a moist, yummy dessert, try these raspberry streusel muffins! I'm loving the ingredients and I bet these would turn out great! Get the recipe at Nifty Thrifty Things.

If you love custard buns but don't eat eggs, here's an eggless custard bun recipe from Trick & Treat! These look so cute and I bet they'd make great breakfast treats!

Cool down during these sweltering summer months with a glass of shirley temple sweet tea! It's a simple recipe and it's a nice change from your usual drink (whatever that is :) Head over to Shaken Together for the recipe.


More recipes:



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Important: If you link up and are featured in the next Sunday Linky Party, you give me permission to use the photo that I feature to promote the Sunday Linky Party you are featured in. You are the owner of your photos, but I may use the featured photo to promote the party through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Craftgawker, G+, and other social networking and blog/web sites. If you do not want your photo to be used, you can either link up and send me an e-mail saying you don't want to be featured, or you can not link up. To learn more about why I added this note, head to this past party.

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!


This is a blog hop! get the code here to share

17 comments:

aimee said...

thanks so much for the feature jen, i hope you have a great day, and thankyou for hosting xxxxx

keri @ shaken together said...

Thanks for featuring my shirley temple sweet tea :) Love linking up each week!! And I LOVED that Mary Poppins was in the opening ceremonies ... she is practically perfect in every way :)

Rose Jes said...

Than you for hosting the lovely party each week. I have been so busy that I have not had time to link up in a while but I'm back today. Hope you like what I shared.
Have a great day!
Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

Wendy said...

Thanks for featuring my jewellery!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Jen, thanks for hosting each week!

Leslie said...

Thanks for hosting!

whatamberloves.com said...

Thanks for featuring my "Endless Options Crescent Wreath"! :D :D :D ~Amber of WhatAmberLoves.com

Stephanie Hill said...

Thanks so much for hosting us each week! You're the best! :D
~Stephanie

Paula J said...

Hi! Just found your blog and linked up to your Sunday Blog Party! I'm also your newest GFC follower :)

Hope you'll stop by and say hello :)

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Tonna @ USS Crafty said...

Thanks for hosting!

Meeha Meeha said...

Thanks a million for the feature, I'm proudly sharing the featured button right now :)

Blissful Baker said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great day! :)

Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful

Dear Wallet, said...

Thanks so much for the feature on my vintage camera bank! So honored to be considered among these other great projects and recipes! Thanks for hosting, have a fabulous rest of your weekend! =)

Eleni said...

Thanks for hosting :D

Have a great week!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Yay! Thank you so much for featuring my streusel muffins!! :)
Unfortunately I don't have anything to link up today, but I'll be back next week.
xo! Vanessa

ozgrkdn said...

Hi Jen,My daughter's blog LookbookUnlimited is began broadcasting...I hope, you do support her:)))Have a nice day:))

Admin said...

What a lovely pillow. looking so good.
Kitchen Aprons