August 5, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #73 + Goodies

So I finally watched The Dark Knight Rises today and it was pretty good! I wasn't sure how Anne Hathaway would do as Catwoman (she looks more doe-eyed and innocent to me than a deceptive slinky feline), but I can't think of any complaints so far. I was really surprised by the ending! Not going to say too much about it, but it definitely was the kind of ending that fans probably wanted and had dreamed of (and very satisfying), although because it was such an ideal ending, the kind many people probably wanted Batman to have, it seemed too good to be true to me. I didn't think it was realistic, but it definitely made me happy :)

Anyway, hope you're having a great Sunday and check out the features below!

Top off your beautiful cupcakes with even more beautiful decorations: flower cupcake toppers! These are so pretty, your guests will want to keep them and take them home. Get this tutorial at Twigg Studios and check out her ombre ribbons, turning your paintings into digital art tutorial, and printing on tissue paper tutorial.

Make these cute mini fabric rosette necklaces with old necklace chains and no jewelry-making tools! Yep, pretty simple and adorable. Find this at A Rosie Sweet Home.

Do you like this dress? I do! I like simple dresses that are flattering and forgiving, and I like them even more if they're simple to make :) If you want a dress like this, head over to Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom for the tutorial.

For those who have toddlers around or are just easily amused by floating things, these toddler sensory bottles would make a great addition to your other toys. They're really easy to make, and very customizable because you can put anything you want in them! Maybe you can even put some blue food dye and make a space or ocean scene! Check this out at Hubby Made Me.

Unfortunately, this is not a tutorial for this beautiful patchwork clutch, it's a giveaway! And it's not over yet, so if you'd like to get your hands on this, head over to Sew Happiness to enter.

Fulfill your chocolate craving (especially during breakfast, but this could make a great dinner, too) with a stack of choco-mallow pancakes! Hmm...these look sooo good, I wish they would magically appear in front of me right now. Get this recipe at Back 4 Seconds! Try the chocolate-dipped strawberry cookies and chocolate chip cheesecake cookie pies, too.

For another chocolate fix, make these 3-ingredient Nutella donuts (which are actually baked and not fried). If you don't have donut pans, I suppose you can always turn these into cupcakes :) Get this at A Little Nosh and a pattypan squash casserole, too.

For something interesting and somewhat healthy, how about a poppy seed avocado cake? The frosting is avocado and the cake is poppy seed. I'm seriously interested in tasting this. Just make sure those eating the cake do not have to get a drug test for a job interview the next day or something because poppy seeds do show up as something else in tests. Try this at Smart Phone Foodie!

If you want some funnel cakes but there aren't any fairs around, you can always make your own with this recipe on Making Memories. Sometimes we all get cravings so it's nice having this around. Try her root beer float cookies and double layer oreo cake bars, too.

For a cozy bowl of soup (yeah, it might be a bit too hot for that in most parts of the country), but why not? Chicken and dumpling soup is so comfortable and satisfying. Make yourself a bowl with this recipe from The Daily Dish Recipes.


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Important: If you link up and are featured in the next Sunday Linky Party, you give me permission to use the photo that I feature to promote the Sunday Linky Party you are featured in. You are the owner of your photos, but I may use the featured photo to promote the party through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Craftgawker, G+, and other social networking and blog/web sites. If you do not want your photo to be used, you can either link up and send me an e-mail saying you don't want to be featured, or you can not link up. To learn more about why I added this note, head to this past party.

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!


This is a blog hop! get the code here to share

12 comments:

aimee said...

Hey. thankyou for featuring my flower cake toppers and for hosting your great party each week. enjoy the rest of your weekend xxx

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Jen, thanks for hosting us!

Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom said...

Thanks for featuring my knit dress tutorial! We saw The Dark Knight last night too, it was good!
~jamie

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for hosting!! :)
xo! Vanessa

Blissful Baker said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great day! :)

Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful

Nissa said...

Thank's for hosting, I've been so out of the blogging world, hopefully I'll get the hang of it again!

Leslie said...

Thanks for hosting :)

DEANNE MORSE said...

Thank you for adding me to your list of more recipes!! I am always so surprised when I am noticed in the crowd of such wonderful talent that is always found in your party and similar ones that I join in my week. Thank you for hosting so that we have such a wonderful place to show off our creativity.
Deanne @ Delightful Curiosity

Candy Ogg said...

Thanks so much for hosting. This is only my second time to link up first time to "grab a button."

Jillian said...

Thank you for featuring the Avocado cake!!! It tasted good! Like a carrot cake kind of taste. One thing I would do differently is add less avocado to the icing. It might have tasted great with like a cream cheese frosting.

Thanks!
Jillian
http://www.smartphonefoodie.blogspot.com

luvGodncountry said...

Thank you so much for hosting each week! We newbies are truly blessed to have wonderful blogs like this to share our projects on. Have a wonderful week.

Linda Nortje said...

Thank you for including so many of my links to your list of recipes! I have more to link this week ;-) Have a lovely week!
Linda@With A blast