August 12, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #74 + Goodies

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm pretty tired this weekend so I've been catching up on my sleep. It's been way too hot for me to want to go outside much anyway. I'll keep it short so we can get to the features below :)

Make these super cute clay flower buttons (but these would make awesome earrings too! Just glue earring posts to the back). Make matching sets for your kids or your best friend :) by Twigg Studios. Check out her other tutorials: dip dyed twine, print and cut silhouette, tracing paper food wrapper, and mannequin tag tutorial.

Tired of your old mousepad but don't feel like buying a new one (because you have a drawerful of them like I do?) Well, it's actually extremely easy to makeover your mousepad! You can even make one to match your laptop cover, couch, sheets, even your dress, because... why not? :) Anyway, check it out at Nifty Thrifty Things.

Instead of paying way too much money at a bath and beauty store for a jar of shea body butter, you can make your own. You only need a few ingredients and this should last you a really long time! Find it at Soap Deli News.

Do you have some plain white curtains that need a little color? Well, you can easily make them into the curtains in the above photo (or in any other pattern that you prefer), with this painted curtains tutorial from The Turquoise Piano. I'm actually very impressed by how nice this entire room looks!

This isn't exactly a tutorial, but look at how cool that chaise made with an old fence looks! If only I could figure out how to make it. I'm sure it isn't too hard for someone with a bit of carpentry experience (which isn't me), but this is a good inspirational photo :) Find this on Joy's Jots, Shots, & Whatnots.

Mmm... look how yummy this grilled chicken, feta, and strawberry vinaigrette salad is. That must be the prettiest vinaigrette I've seen so far :) Try this at Recipes We Love.

It's perfect weather for barbecues and instead of throwing away those pineapple skins you just sliced up, use them to grill fish! See how it's done on Make the Best of Everything. I wonder what else I can grill between two slices of pineapple bark.

Make this chocolate almond gateau at your next dinner party. It looks very nice and I bet it would go great with a scoop of ice cream. Find this recipe at With a Blast. Try all of these other recipes from there, too: bacon and mushroom pasta, melt in your mouth dessert, lamb curry, ice cream and caramel layered tart, chocolate fruit and biscuit delight, sugar donut muffins, and tomato beef pie with scone topping.

These are kind of cool because they're eclairs that you actually make around the campfire, and since it's camping season, these are a great alternative (or addition) to the traditional s'mores. Learn how to make these at Making Memories and try her "elephant ears" too!

Here's an interesting take on your typical burrito. These are almost panini style (or so I imagine :) If you have a george foreman grill or a waffle iron (or even just a frying pan), give these grilled bean and cheese burritos a try! Head to Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Important: If you link up and are featured in the next Sunday Linky Party, you give me permission to use the photo that I feature to promote the Sunday Linky Party you are featured in. You are the owner of your photos, but I may use the featured photo to promote the party through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Craftgawker, G+, and other social networking and blog/web sites. If you do not want your photo to be used, you can either link up and send me an e-mail saying you don't want to be featured, or you can not link up. To learn more about why I added this note, head to this past party.

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!


This is a blog hop! get the code here to share

11 comments:

Nicole {WonkyWonderful} said...

Thanks for hosting the linkup - Have a wonderful week :)

Linda Nortje said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Chocolate Almond Gateau and the mention of my other recipes. Have a lovely Sunday!
Linda
With A Blast

aimee said...

Hey thankyou so much for featuring my clay buttons. I hope you can keep cool in the heat its raining today in england xxx

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Thanks for hosting us each week!

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Thank you for mentioning my deep fried pimento cheese and celery bites!

Di Jinx said...

Hi Jen,
Love your features! Great job. Following you on Facebook:) thanks for hosting! Di{CookTheTV}

Leslie said...

Thanks for hosting! Happy Sunday!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Yay! Thank you so much for the feature, Jen!! :)
Thanks for hosting another fabulous party!
XO! Vanessa

Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom said...

Thank you for featuring my Burritos! Have a great week!
~Jamie

Back for Seconds said...

Thanks for the party! I would love to have you swing by my party too, if you get a chance. Have a fabulous week!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Thanks for hosting another great party -- and for mentioning my Spiced Carrot Pineapple Cake and Chili Cups! Have a great week!