August 19, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #75 + Goodies

Hi everyone, hope it's another good weekend for you all. I know it's still summer, but I can't help feeling a little sad that it'll soon be over thanks to all the back-to-school commercials and shops preparing for fall. Can we keep the extra long days and sunny weather year round? Maybe I need to live on a tropical island :) Anyway, I'm also feeling extra sensitive to the time passing because I'm pregnant (as I've announced in the prior post)! I had my second ultrasound a few days ago and I can't believe how much the fetus has grown since the first ultrasound (which was only 2 weeks before then). It (don't know the gender yet) already had tiny fingers and toes and was moving around! Pretty crazy stuff. Anyway, onto this week's features :)

Make this awesomely amazing origami kusudama ornament for your Christmas tree! If you start now, you'll have enough for your tree AND someone else's too! You can even give a bunch to your favorite people :) Learn how to make them at Ashley's Dandelion Wishes.

How adorable and sweet are these printable summer gift tags? The ones in the photo are just a small example of more offered by Meeha Meeha. I love how personal these look and I'd use them for other seasons, too!

Make summer last forever with these beautiful crepe paper hyacinths on your kitchen table. These realistic and artistic flowers are, once again, made by the flower guru: Twigg Studios. Check out her thrifty bird bottle stopper and hand draw your own blog header tutorials, too.

Remember these fun fortune teller origamis from childhood? If not, it was a game where we used to make these and write numbers on the outer flaps and fortunes on the inner folds and see what each other would get. Thanks to Shaken Together, I see that these make pretty cute garlands as well (minus the fortunes)!

Make these cool, funky, "stained glass" Shrinky earrings with a tutorial by Jewelry Making Journal. Bring back the childhood fun and make it work for your wardrobe, too!

Everyone should have some idea of how to clean your drain, so it may be helpful to check out this very useful tutorial from Adorned from Above :)

I'm not really sure what a mixed berry clafoutis is, but this looks yummy and simple enough so I will give it a try. Plus I have two boxes of blueberries in the fridge. Check out this beautiful creation by Nifty Thrifty Things.

Fresh Juniper dug up some old recipes to share her Grandma JoAnn's peach cobbler recipe with us. It's simple and looks delicious!

Make parmesan panko crusted chicken for dinner tonight and it's sure to be a hit! Panko is a type of Japanese-style bread crumbs (it's what they use on tempura, which is light and very crispy) but it's been so popular in the US that you can get it at almost any grocery store (at least in CA). Try this by A Pinch of Joy.

Make some ice cold dessert with real fruit, like this blackberry frozen yogurt, by Wonky Wonderful. If you don't have an ice cream making machine (like me), you can also use this recipe to make popsicles, which I believe are equally good :) Try her watermelon granita and strawberry shortcake ice cream recipes as well.

These comfort cookies by Back 4 Seconds are already sending me vibes of comfort just by looking at them. They're also sending me vibes of guilty pleasure :) Try her double decker coconut cream brownie recipe, too.


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Important: If you link up and are featured in the next Sunday Linky Party, you give me permission to use the photo that I feature to promote the Sunday Linky Party you are featured in. You are the owner of your photos, but I may use the featured photo to promote the party through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Craftgawker, G+, and other social networking and blog/web sites. If you do not want your photo to be used, you can either link up and send me an e-mail saying you don't want to be featured, or you can not link up. To learn more about why I added this note, head to this past party.

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!


This is a blog hop! get the code here to share

16 comments:

Back for Seconds said...

I am so thrilled to be included in your features tonight! They are all so wonderful - so much talent!
Thank you for the party!!

whatamberloves.com said...

Congratulations!!! :D :D :D ~Amber

Tonna @ Navy Wifey Peters/USS Crafty said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!

Nicole {WonkyWonderful} said...

Thanks for including my Blackberry FroYo in the awesome features! Have a wonderful week :)

keri @ shaken together said...

Thanks for the party AND the feature :) Those fortune tellers were definitely a blast from the past, ha ha!

aimee said...

Hey congratulations on the pregnancy how exciting Thankyou so much for the feature xxxx

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for featuring my berry clafoutis!! :)
You should really give it a try. Yum!
xo! Vanessa

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Thank you so much for featuring my berry clafoutis!! :)
You should really give it a try. Yum!
xo! Vanessa

Meeha Meeha said...

Jen, thanks a million for featuring the printable gift tags, I hope you use them all year long, as you said :)

Alderberry Hill said...

Thanks for the fun party, have a great week!

Paula Miller said...

Hi! New follower here through Dishing with Leslie :) I just linked up to your linky party. Love it if you stopped by my blog and linked up your party with mine!

Have a great weekend :)
Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

With A Blast said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great week {I can't wait for our Spring to start on the 1st September}.
Linda

Blissful Baker said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great day! :)

Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful

Lindsay said...

Thank you for hosting! I would love it if you would share some of your great ideas at my link party at http://mommyssweetconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/08/sweet-confessions-sunday-link-party-3.html . I also shared some links at your party, and added you to my link party page.

Debi Bolocofsky said...

Thank you so much for featuring my How to Clean Your Drain Post. I really appreciate. I love your blog and your blog party.
Have a great day.
Debi
Adorned From Above

Reecea Henderson said...

Very belated thank you for the feature!!

Reecea

http://freshjuniper.blogspot.com