August 15, 2012

The Greatest Surprise

Hi all, guess what? I'm pregnant! :) Yeah, pretty exciting. Saw the doctor last week and I'm 11 weeks along, which means it's too early to tell whether the baby will be a boy or a girl. Either way, aside from feeling crappy occasionally, the confirmation of my soon-to-be first child hasn't quite marinated into my brain yet. Essentially, I walk around feeling queasy and confused because my jeans grew too tight too fast. I'm just hoping that everything will progress smoothly and the baby will be healthy and I won't have a painful, long, drawn-out birth (and hopefully not like the ones in the movies :) Luckily, my husband (the ob/gyn resident) assures me it's not like the movies and we watched "The Business of Being Born" (the documentary where Ricki Lake gives birth on camera) together. It's pretty interesting.

Boy or Girl (pink/blue) Gender Reveal Party Printable by genderreveal

I've picked the perfect girl name already, but still haven't found a boy name that I particularly love. Any suggestions? I've also been testing out several pregnancy apps on the iPhone, so I'll break down what I think are the best ones in another post!

100% Wool Diaper Cover/ Shorties by marcyartsy
Is this a boy butt or a girl butt? We'll probably never know...



20 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

Congratulations! That's great news!!!

Tonna @ Navy Wifey Peters/USS Crafty said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting!!!

Jocelyn Friis said...

Wow - thats wonderful news! Congrats!!

keri @ shaken together said...

Congratulations ... that is such a sweet announcement!

Linda Nortje said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Don't worry, maybe you'll be lucky as I was .. lol .. my son, Dimitri - 3 hours in labor, my daughter, Cheri - 1 hour 15 minutes!
Wish you well through your pregnancy.
Linda
With A Blast

Aulani Photography and BH Giveaways said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm sure you will find the perfect boys name if it turns out to be a boy :)

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Congrats what wonderful news... How exciting for you and hubby!!

Ana said...

Congrats on your good news! I hope you take it easy with your pregnancy and enjoy it better. x

Linda Blatchford said...

Jen, congrats to your and DH.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Wonderful news! Don't tell ANYONE your name choices. I'll never forget the pain cause to a sister in law when not one but two of her casual acquaintances liked her name choice so much...they named their babies (born first) that!

Ariella Kirtley said...

Congratulations! That's such wonderful news! I don't have any suggestions on a boy name, but you have plenty of time to troll the internet for names until then. I'm not going to have kids anytime soon, but I still love babynames.com and site like that ;)

Mandee said...

Congrat! That is so awesome. I am happy for you and your husband.

Dorene said...

Congratulations! Many wishes of blessings and patience for the years to come!

evey said...

Congrats! That is joyous news.

Louise said...

Awwww Wonderful news!! Congrats! :)

Natasha In Oz said...

That is such wonderful news Jen! Congratulations to you both!

Blessings and best wishes,
Natasha In Oz

Nicole {WonkyWonderful} said...

Congratulations to You and your growing family :)

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Oh, wow! What wonderful news!! :) How exiting!!
Hugs to you and your growing belly!
xo! Vanessa

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Congratulations... such great news!

Debi Bolocofsky said...

Hey Jen,
Congratulations on your baby news. Enjoy it!!!
Debi @ Adorned From Above