September 2, 2012

Sunday Linky Party #77 + Goodies

Happy Sunday everyone! It's Labor Day on Monday, any plans? I'll actually be working, but that's okay because I'll spend Sunday afternoon hanging out at my close friend's birthday/bbq :) Anyway, I've been terrible. I found my Oregon Trail 3rd Edition cds (that my parents bought for me back in elementary school) and have been playing it all afternoon... -__- I was able to install it on Windows XP, even though it's made for Windows 95, and it was really fun. I think my favorite parts of the game are the fishing, hunting, and fruit/vegetable gathering (and, of course, surviving until the end). Yeah, pretty lame huh? Anyway, check out this week's features! :)

Here's an easy and simple way to make chevron patterns on fabric so you can make a pillow like the one above, or curtains, table clothes, chair covers, and whatever you want. Check out the tutorial at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.

These mini topiaries are pretty sweet! And they're not real plants, so they won't die and will probably last forever :) Make these for your/your friends' wedding(s), anniversary parties, or other celebrations. Then put them on your dining room table or somewhere in the living room. Find this at Alderberry Hill.

Like these cake stands/candy dishes? If you have a drill, nice hardware, lots of china plates, and some time, you can make yourself one of these beauties, too. Get inspired at Av Susanne. This post isn't a tutorial, but she has the tutorial in a previous post, so you'll have to do some searching (or ask her which post it was :)

If you have a few containers that could use some lids, you can make your own matching food storage cover set with this tutorial from A Rosie Sweet Home. The underside is waterproof so your food sauces won't spread through the covers! Check out her car trash bag and seashell hair clip tutorials, too.

If you have lots of crafts and recipes that you want your readers to find easily, you can make a recipe/craft page with thumbnails of all of your desired previous posts, sort of like an image index. It involves signing up with Inlinkz (which, you'll learn more about in Miss Information's post) so if this is what you're looking for, go learn how!

How adorable are these curly ribbon corkers? They would make great decoration pieces for gifts, headbands, and other crafts! So get your favorite ribbons and go to The Seven Year Cottage to learn how to make these.

Make ice cream (somewhat) healthy with this carrot cake ice cream recipe. You don't even need an ice cream machine because Wonky Wonderful has two other methods for those without one (like me). Try her orange creamsicle recipe as well.

Satisfy your cheesy carby craving with homemade garlic cheesesticks! I could really eat a few right now. High Heels and Grills has this recipe, plus pecan balls, Crockpot mac n cheese, sugar cookie bars, grilled pineapples, and southwestern ranch dressing.

Make your own ricotta cheese with simple, easy-to-find ingredients from a grocery store. It looks like fun and I'm sure it'll taste good :) Find this at Rhubarb and Honey.

You'll need lots of same-sized cake pans to make this, but you're ready for an old-fashioned stack cake after eating all of those regular non-stacked cakes, right? You can make this even taller, as tall as you'd like! Find this recipe at Lady Behind the Curtain and try her French deli rolls.


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Important: If you link up and are featured in the next Sunday Linky Party, you give me permission to use the photo that I feature to promote the Sunday Linky Party you are featured in. You are the owner of your photos, but I may use the featured photo to promote the party through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Craftgawker, G+, and other social networking and blog/web sites. If you do not want your photo to be used, you can either link up and send me an e-mail saying you don't want to be featured, or you can not link up. To learn more about why I added this note, head to this past party.

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!


This is a blog hop! get the code here to share

8 comments:

keri @ shaken together said...

Oregon Trail?! That is awesome ... classic elementary school memory for me! And thanks for the party!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Thanks so much for featuring my ribbon tutorial!

Blissful Baker said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great day! :)

Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful

Alderberry Hill said...

Thanks so much for including me with these wonderful features, makes my day...and thanks for hosting too. Happy Sunday!

Leslie said...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thanks for hosting!

With A Blast said...

Thanks for hosting - have a great week!
Linda

Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom said...

Thank you for featuring my pillow! Hope you have a fabulous holiday!
~Jamie

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thank you for featuring my Old Fashioned Stack Cake. Today I am sharing my Donut Sticks and Blueberry Bars. Thanks for hosting!
~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~