January 27, 2013

Sunday Linky Party #95 + Goodies

Happy Sunday again! :) The Super Bowl is coming up, so does that mean you're all busy preparing appetizers and other yummy dishes for the family and friends to munch on (for the Americans, that is :) It's kind of a big deal in the U.S., as it's probably the only country where American football is the most important sport, ever (and what every other country calls "football" is called soccer here). Anyway, I'm not a big sports nut but it's impossible to escape the hype because San Francisco's own 49'ers will be playing in it! (I live in the San Francisco Bay Area). Anyway, enough about that and more about this week's crafts and recipes, which are all really good, btw.

How cute is this crochet pillow? I love the triangles and color combination! Check out the tutorial at Meeha Meeha (although you'll need to have a little crochet knowledge first for the triangles, but I'm sure that's not too hard to find on google).

I really like this brass ring bracelet, which is made from some ribbon and items you can find at a hardware store! Learn how to make one at Cocalores.

Recycle your old crayons into hearts and hand them out (or have your kids hand them out) in little baggies to their classmates! Find this tutorial, including bag toppers, at The Moody Fashionista.

If you're a big wine drinker and don't know what to do with all those corks, use them to make this lovely wine cork wreath! It looks very tasteful and the grape embellishment adds a nice touch. Find this at Neverending Decorating.

For rosy lips this Spring, treat yourself to this vegan organic blood red lip stain by Soap Deli News. The great thing about lip stains is that it's sheer so it looks very natural! If body products are more your thing, check out her Valentine's Day solid lotion bars and heart stamped homemade soaps.

This is kind of a more complicated tutorial, but if you're good at sewing or like to challenge yourself, you should give this jewelry travel case a try! I love how many compartments there are and just the general design of it. Check this out at This Blog is Not For You and see her embellished sweater tutorial and Valentine's Day printables, too.

Have a handful of these cream cheese mint conversation hearts in the kitchen or at your desk and it'll definitely be popular! You might even be tempted to eat them all yourself. Make this from Twigg Studios and check out her striped fondant cake bow and painted heart world printable, too.

Start the morning off right with these fun blueberry buttermilk mini donuts with lemon glaze from Shaken Together. You'll be hard pressed to find an excuse not to have at least one!

Get ready for the Super Bowl with this hot onion souffle dip! I know my husband would looove this. Get this recipe from The Kitchen is My Playground and try her other amazing looking recipes too: sweet potato hummus, marinated cheese, and Carolina caviar.

Another great snack for the Super Bowl: these bite-sized super-easy-to-make calzones! Get the recipe at The First Year Blog and try her Hawaiian coconut grilled chicken.

For those that need to satisfy an immediate chocolate cake craving but can't make it to a bakery fast, you'll want this 5-minute chocolate mocha mug cake recipe handy, from Lemon Tree Dwelling. I have a feeling I'll be eating this often.


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Important: If you link up and are featured in the next Sunday Linky Party, you give me permission to use the photo that I feature to promote the Sunday Linky Party you are featured in. You are the owner of your photos, but I may use the featured photo to promote the party through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Craftgawker, G+, and other social networking and blog/web sites. If you do not want your photo to be used, you can either link up and send me an e-mail saying you don't want to be featured, or you can not link up. To learn more about why I added this note, head to this past party.

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!


This is a blog hop! get the code here to share

20 comments:

Countrified Hicks said...

Thank you for hosting. I enjoy your blog hop. I also follow you through GFC and Networked blogs and hope you will return the favor. I had the honor of being the very first to submit this week. Yay!
http://www.countrifiedhicks.com
http://www.facebook.com/countrifiedhicks

Meeha Meeha said...

Thank you s much for featuring the crochet pillow, Jen! This feels so great, thanks again:)

aimee said...

Thankyou for featuring my cream cheese mints jen I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend xxx

Linda@With A Blast said...

Thanks for hosting, Jen! have a lovely day :-)

keri @ shaken together said...

Thanks so much for featuring my donuts, Jen!!

Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Hot Onion Souffle Dip, Jen! You host a wonderful party and have a beautiful blog ... glad I found you. Have a fantastic week!
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

Marti Cooper said...

Thanks for the party!

Marti

Beth Baumgartner said...

Hi Jen! Thank you for featuring my recipe for easy calzones!!
Like you I don't really have any interest in football..but I'll watch the superbowl for the commercials! I am following you on google+ and facebook!
Beth @ The First Year Blog

Audrey @ Neverending Decorating said...

Hi Jen! Thank you SO much for featuring my tutorial on the Wine Cork Wreath, I'm honored! I got your button proudly displayed on my blog :) Thanks again and have a great rest of the weekend.
Audrey @ neverendingdecorating.blogspot.com

Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above said...

Thanks so much for hosting another wonderful party.

Rebecca D. Dillon said...

Thanks so much for featuring my lip tint and mentioning my other new diy projects! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Jenna LaFevor said...

Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a great week!

Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

Ana Lopes said...

Thanks for hosting the party, Jen!!!
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Tonna @ USS Crafty said...

Thanks for hosting! I'm following from my NEW blog USS Crafty. :-)

Navy Wifey Peters @ http://usscrafty.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

Thanks so mcuh for hosting! Have a great week!

Jodi S said...

thanks for hosting :)

Cathy Trochelman said...

Thanks for featuring my chocolate mocha mug cake! I appreciate it!! Hope you have a great week :)
-Cathy@LemonTreeDwelling

KT said...

Thanks for featuring my smoothies!

Doreen said...

Hi Jen,
Great blog hop! I've linked up an easy and cute Valentine's gift craft. Time to see everyone else's inspiration!


Doreen
altered-artworks.blogspot.com

Doreen said...

Also want to mention, "Go Niners!" Although I live in SoCal now, I am from San Francisco, and always root for the home teams!