February 3, 2013

Sunday Linky Party #96 + Goodies

Hi all, hope you're all having another great Sunday! After the end of this coming week, I will be going on maternity leave and busy building furniture that I ordered online which have been delivered to my house in pieces (of course). Annnnnd on another note, it's Super Bowl Weekend! Who's having a grunting man-party and not doing anything crafty (aside from making delicious appetizer dishes)? I'm just looking forward to shopping at near-empty stores because hopefully, most people will be indoors watching the game :) I found some awesome stuff at Marshall's lately so I want to go back and see what else is good. Anyway, check out this week's features!

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, make this cute couple map silhouette art piece from The Crafty Scientist! Is there a reason why the girl looks like she has more connections to her heart?? Is it because we're supposed to be more complicated??? :)

Make this really cool succulent planter piece for your coffee table! Find this great idea/tutorial at Love Live and Garden :)

Impress your friends with these professional-looking gift tags. Does the tag above look like something you'd buy from a little paperie shop? Get the tutorial at Clippie Dips!

You know those holiday shirts/sweaters that you'd probably never wear again? They'd probably make perfect pillows for your home! Check out this great idea from Meeha Meeha.

Can you tell that the rose in the heart bowl is made of marshmallows, which you can easily make yourself? Make a bunch for cake/cupcake decor or just eat them for fun, with this tutorial from Twigg Studios. Make tissue paper tulips and wooden cross-stitch hearts with her tutorials, too.

Perfect as appetizers for any event, make these 3-ingredient crescent sausage bites from The Kitchen is My Playground. Just make a bunch because I bet they'll be gone in no time! Try her chocolate Valentine Kiss cookies and 20 party food favorites, too.

How beautiful are these pear and cardamom crepes? They deserve to be made for a special breakfast occasion, preferably by someone else (like a husband! :) Get this recipe from Sweet Boutique.

For those who have never baked pears (like me), this honey butter baked pear dish is a must-try recipe because it's sooooo easy and it looks delicious, and things generally turn out good when butter and/or honey is part of the recipe :) Try this from A Pinch of Joy!

Mmm... my husband would love this recipe because he likes dipping sandwiches into sauces for some reason. It must be because it's fun. Get this Crock pot french dip sandwich on garlic bread recipe from This Silly Girl's Life and try her honey garlic shrimp stir-fry and blanched vegetables recipes, too.

For a warm zesty soup, try this fire-roasted tomato-red pepper soup. Love the grilled cheese "croutons," which really completes the picture! Find this at Lemon Tree Dwelling and try her spiced cran-peary compote!


More recipes:


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the fun every Sunday and link up your latest blog post! I will be featuring my favorite blog posts from this list on the next Sunday Linky Party. You can post anything you'd like to share! :) Check out the other linked posts as well - they're gems!

Important: If you link up and are featured in the next Sunday Linky Party, you give me permission to use the photo that I feature to promote the Sunday Linky Party you are featured in. You are the owner of your photos, but I may use the featured photo to promote the party through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Craftgawker, G+, and other social networking and blog/web sites. If you do not want your photo to be used, you can either link up and send me an e-mail saying you don't want to be featured, or you can not link up. To learn more about why I added this note, head to this past party.

Please link a specific blog post and not the overall homepage!


If you're participating in the linky party, feel free to grab my link party button and help spread the word!


This is a blog hop! get the code here to share

15 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for the party! :) Hope you enjoy a fantastic shopping trip!! (Very smart time to go ;))

Have a terrific week! :)
~Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

aimee said...

Hi jen Thankyou for featuring my marshmallow roses have a great sunday xxx

Lorena said...

Thank you very much for hosting another great party! Come back later to enjoy what other participants have created! Have a nice weekend!

nancy@skinnykitchen said...

Hi Jen, thanks so much for including my mini reuben appetizers in your list this week!!!
Enjoy your day.
Best wishes,
Nancy

Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground said...

Thank you so much for featuring my 3-Ingredient Crescent Sausage Bites, Jen! I think you have a wonderful plan for gametime ... shopping sounds just perfect. Enjoy, and have a great week!
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

Cathy Trochelman said...

Good morning, Jen! Just wanted to say thank you for featuring my Fire Roasted Tomato Red Pepper Soup... I appreciate it! Happy Sunday!

Venomous Kate said...

Happy Sunday, and thank you for hosting!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Thanks so much for featuring my Honey Butter Baked Pear! I'd never made these before either -- they ARE really good! Have a great shopping trip this afternoon!

Beth Baumgartner said...

Hi Jen! Another great week of features! Have a super sunday :-)
I am following you on facebook via my blog's page and my personal page! I would love it if you liked me back!
Beth @ The First Year Blog

Pam McFarland said...

Thanks for the link party. I saw a lot of great things. Always fun to blog hop this way!
Thanks,
Pam

n*stitches said...

Those sausage bites look amazing! Thanks for hosting th eparty! You have a beautiful blog and I am your newest follower! Please visit my blog and take a look around. If you see something you like, I would love for you to follow me back!
http:///www.nstitchesdesigns.blogspot.com

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Thanks for hosting!

Ana Lopes said...

Thank you, Jen, for another wonderful link party!!!
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

My Creatively Vintage Life said...

Thanks so much for hosting this great linky party. I'm new to the party and a new follower of your blog!

Meeha Meeha said...

I love that map couple, so cute! Thank you so much for featuring my T-shirt pillow :)