February 17, 2013

Sunday Linky Party #98 + Announcement

Hi all! Hope you're all having a good weekend :) I have an announcement to make, which is that I'm nearing my due date (very near) so I am taking the next month or so off to relax, not work, catch up on house-moving/decorating (finally), and, of course, take care of the baby. So actually, the next month or so would not include much relaxing... oh well. I'm also planning to do something about this blog, which has been poorly and guiltily neglected for a long while (mostly after I transferred from grad-student status to full-time-employee status) :/ What am I planning to do? Well, I'd like to finally move my little blogspot blog to its own domain and actually write more personal posts again, such as sharing my recipes/crafts/stuff. The Sunday Linky Party will go on though, and as of now, the next Sunday Linky Party will be on March 31, 2013. So please check back then for the party and for more information, if you'll still remember! :)

Here's another flower tutorial of beautiful paper dahlias from Twigg Studios (how many paper flower tutorials can she possibly make? Yet they're always so impressive!). Check out her satin flower tutorial and butterfly cookies, too.

How do you get rid of a terrible previous paint job and texture and revamp it into this adorable patterned dresser? Find out at at Emmie Loves...!

It's almost Spring which means it's time to start your garden by first starting seedlings! Save some for yourself and give the others to your friends and neighbors, who I'm sure will appreciate their homegrown produce when Fall comes. Check it out at Back to the Basics!

For those who like to keep track of their bills via paper trail (versus in Excel or some other program), The Crafty Scientist has made a very useful free printable for you to add to your personal finance binder! What? You don't have one? Maybe you should :)

You'll love what Viva la Vida did to her grandmother's Greek cheese pies, which is make them into cute little heart shaped pieces! Yum :) Valentine's Day may be over, but hearts are always acceptable.

Instead of pizza, have calzones for dinner tonight, and it's always better to make your own, right? Get the recipe at The Kitchen is My Playground and try her white chocolate funfetti cake mix cookies, too.

For an alternative pizza-like food choice, try this pan-fried pizza tortillas recipe from Pint-sized Treasures.

Why would you ever make your own graham crackers? Not sure, but it'll probably taste better than the store bought ones and it's an excuse to make s'mores! Find this at The First Year Blog.

What's better than Oreos? These raspberry Oreo truffle cracks, which look delicious :) For the recipe and a better explanation of its name, head to Back For Seconds.


More recipes:



15 comments:

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your sweet new baby...see you in March!

Emily Thompson said...

enjoy your new bundle of joy!!! I've got a couple of baby related giveaways going on until MOnday night... you should stop by if you have time!
http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/chinese-new-year-in-boracay.html

Cathy Trochelman said...

Hope all goes well - enjoy your "time off" with your new baby :)

litlsis said...

Enjoy those early quiet (and exhausting days). Take care of you and that sweet little one!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

I hope you get lots of rest before baby arrives... I can't wait to see a birth announcement!

Artsy VaVa said...

Best wishes to you! Enjoy some relaxation before you get super busy with your little blessing! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the blog.

nancy@skinnykitchen said...

Jen, thanks so much for always hosting such a fun link party!
All the best,
Nancy

Beth Baumgartner said...

Jen, I am so excited for the new baby!! Relax over the next month!

And thanks for featuring my homemade graham crackers!!

Beth @ The First Year Blog

Jane Craske said...

Enjoy the relax and enjoy every second of the new baby.

Lisa Crunkhorn said...

I just found your blog and link party. I'm looking forward to linking up to your next party in March. Until then, rest up as much as you can before baby arrives and a belated 'congratulations' too.

Take care,
-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking

Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground said...

Congrats on your upcoming arrival, Jen! Enjoy your time with that new little bundle! :-) Oh ... and thank you so much for featuring my homemade Calzones.
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

Congrats and good luck with the next exciting month! And thank you SOOOOOO much for the feature! I'm super-flattered and excited to see my little printable up here! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Tuco said...

It’s really a great and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
nyc event location

jogara jumawan said...

Wow.....I like all those picture..kids birthday parties nyc

Sebastian Chuter said...

I finally found a crafty idea! I got lucky to stumble upon in your blog and found the blue adorable patterned dresser. Thanks for sharing, I will surely visit them all! Classy!

Sebastian of
Gazebo and Bali Hut Super Store